• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I bought a G29 today, NIB. Going to shoot it in the morning. She's a portly ole girl.
    HzP2Onq.jpg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I keep thinking about a 10mm, and bouncing back and forth between different options. The G29 is one of the top contenders. I'll be interested in hearing your range report!
    For me the G29 was to small grip wise. I couldn't get a proper grip on it as it was to short. If you plan on shooting full power 10mm and you can't get a decent grip it won't be a pleasant experience.
    I think someone made a magazine sleeve to use the 15rd G20 magazines. I found that out afterwards. I dislike sleeves because it slows the reloading down if your hand is touching the sleeve you'll have to pull the magazine out is what I found out playing with the G2C and 18rd P226 magazine in it with a sleeve.

I tend to forget everyone does not have big hands so it might fit you perfectly.

Ergonomics wise. Saw off a 5" piece of 2"x2" and grip it. That's a G20, G29, and G40 Ergonomics :lmfao:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Yeah, that's been the primary source of my hesitancy...that and the polygonal rifling.
    Polygonal can shoot hard cast no problem at all.
    I was shooting 200gr WFNGC (bought Double Tap bullets to load 21BHN is what they listed them as) in my Glock 20SF off a rest, and was getting 4-5" groups at 50yds. It didn't foul up nor did it make them tumble.
    Avg velocity was 1256fps using 800x ( I could have went higher, but the unsupported barrel was giving me Glock Smiles on my expensive 10mm brass) which I have ran out of.
    Hodgdon told me they are not making 800x any more so gone are the high velocity standard pressure loads.
    I've got to figure out a new powder for my full power 10mm loads now.
    How I found out the amount of 800x to use was pulling the bullet on Underwood's 200gr offering. Weighed the powder, and made my own. I did start 10% below that and actually worked up past what Underwood was using, and I got more velocity.
    I wonder what Underwood is using now that 800x is no longer being made?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I also found the G29 too small for me. Factory rounds out of the G20 and G40 can be a little flippy, but not as bad as I was expecting, though I need that extra grip surface. I expected .45 recoil and didn't get it. Have fun with the new gun.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I wish Glock would have done the G29 Mags like the G30 mags with the extended mag and the built in pinky extension base plates. It could have been an 11 or 12 round mag that way. I will definitely run some sort of extension to help control the recoil when I get one.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    For me the G29 was to small grip wise. I couldn't get a proper grip on it as it was to short. If you plan on shooting full power 10mm and you can't get a decent grip it won't be a pleasant experience.
    I think someone made a magazine sleeve to use the 15rd G20 magazines. I found that out afterwards. I dislike sleeves because it slows the reloading down if your hand is touching the sleeve you'll have to pull the magazine out is what I found out playing with the G2C and 18rd P226 magazine in it with a sleeve.

I tend to forget everyone does not have big hands so it might fit you perfectly.

Ergonomics wise. Saw off a 5" piece of 2"x2" and grip it. That's a G20, G29, and G40 Ergonomics :lmfao:
    I didn't seem to have those issues, and I wear a size 11 glove.

Top Bottom