• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    New range!!!!!!!!
    There is a Zoning Board meeting addressing a proposed shooting range in Putnam County. This club will provide a place for National Guard troops to train and is currently working with a broad range of youth organizations, from the Boy Scouts, to military personnel's young dependants . The club will be a multi use range including multiple shooting bays and segregated rifle ranges up to 300 yards. The design will allow short to long range rifle activity to take place safely while other shooting activities are in progress. There will also be a fishing pond and camping! The Club will be known as the "We The People" shooting club and needs support from all Putnam County shooting enthusiasts. The zoning meeting will be held at 5:30 P.M this Wednesday, November 10th, at the Putnam County Fair Grounds.
    Places for enthusiasts to enjoy their hobbies, learn, and develop important skills are rapidly disappearing from our area! I encourage all Putnam County residents to support this much needed addition to the shooting community. If you live in Putman County, PLEASE attend to offer your support.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Putnam county is West of Indy and covers Greencastle. It would sure be nice to have another rifle range close to Indianapolis! Good luck Deb!

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Awesome! I am heavily involved in Boy Scouts and that sounds incredible! Best of luck.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    The meeting is November the 10th at 5:15 pm at the putnam county fairgrounds I will be there with my boys.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    GOOD!!!!

"We the People" I like that. Hope its not too expensive.

Never really got zoning laws. Your land -- do what you want with it. If I get to tell you what to do with your land,,, its now my land isn't it???

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am unable to attend because I have class that night in Terre Haute and I am making a graded presentation or I would skip to attend.

I put in a call to the director Kim Hyten this morning but got voice mail. I asked to be called back and will call again if it does not happen. Hopefully some Putnam County residents will attend and speak in favor.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I got a call back. I explained that I lived in the county, and could not make the meeting. I was given an email address and told I could send my comments via fax or email. I have emailed my support to the the address given. I encourage other Putnam County residents to do the same. I focused on the issue of noise in my email. After reading the letter to the editor posted in this thread from Nov 3 I chose to focus on that.

I can sit on my porch and in the evening hours hear the roar of a race from Putnamville. I can hear races on Saturday's from the Putnam Park Road course. Plus blasts from Lonestar are not uncommon and have shaken the house as well as been loud. Putnam County does not have good track record on noise as far as I am conerned.

I stayed positive and supportive but tried to inject some logic. All sure signs that failure is likely.:)

Top Bottom