• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    We The People Gun Club needs help!
    There is a new shooting range that needs public support to become a reality.
    The Cheek's family (Plainfield Shooting Supply) has purchased and begun development on a state of the art shooting range a few miles west of Greencastle IN. This range will be more of a "Shooting Resort" than just a place to shoot! The plan calls for multiple pistol bays, shotgun area, fishing lake, and rifle ranges out to four or five hundred yards. Basic gun courses will be offered along with defense and sport shooting training available. Woman will be offered the opportunity to receive any degree of schooling contact each board member and respectfully encourage them to allow this facility to progress as planned. As gun owners, hunters, and supporters, we need more places to enjoy our sport and tune our skills.
    The Board of Commissioners’ addresses and e-mails

Kristina Warren
    5875 S CR 625 W
    Reelsville, IN 46171

mailto:kristina_m_warren@yahoo.com

Nancy Fogle
    833 Gardenside Dr.
    Greencastle, IN 46135

mailto:nancyfogle@cinergymetro.net

Gene Beck
    7157 N Co Rd 500 E
    Bainbridge, IN 46105

mailto:beckpow@ccrtc.com

As the grounds develop, RV hookups and cabins could be the future.
    The Putnam County Zoning board has refused to grant the proper zoning variance needed to bring this facility to fruition. The Putnam County Board of Commissioners is meeting on or about February 7th. The Board members can overturn the Zoning Boards decision and therefore allow this facility to become a reality.
    Please

Last edited:

Jimbovia

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Plainfield
    beckpow@ccrtc.com address is no good. Email bounces. [strike]I sent the following email to the Putnam County Commisioner President Gene Beck [/strike]supporting the overturning of the Zoning Variance decision.

The other two addresses havent bounced yet.

Hope it helps!

-----------------------------

Mr. Beck,

I am emailing you today to voice my support of a new business venture planned by the Cheek family.
    Bob and Debbie Cheek own and operate Plainfield Shooting Supply located in Plainfield, IN across from the Wal-Mart Superstore just off of US 40. If you aren’t aware, Plainfield Shooting Supply is one of the premier shooting supply providers in Central Indiana.

Bob and Debbie Cheek have procured land in Greencastle, IN for the purpose of opening a shooting center to support the already large and still growing shooting community in the surrounding counties and the state of Indiana.

It has been made clear to me that there is some opposition to allowing this venture to proceed. Specifically, the Putnam County Zoning Board has refused to grant the proper zoning variance needed to allow this facility to become a reality.

As a frequent participant in multiple shooting sports competitions (USPSA, IDPA, IPSC, Steel Challenge, CMP) here in Indiana, I can assure you that the quantity of quality shooting sports supporting businesses and clubs is very low. As well, of the quality facilities mentioned above, those that can support higher level sectional and state competitions can be counted on one hand. The facility planned by the Cheek family will provide the Central Indiana shooting community and the entire state of Indiana (likely surrounding states as well), a high quality and safe shooting environment that could be the host venue for multiple discipline shooting sport events, firearms safety training, as well bring in tourism and revenue to the area. I can envision a WIN-WIN-WIN for the Cheek family in their new business venture, the local and regional shooting community, as well Greencastle Indiana and its local businesses with the creation of such a place.

I urge you to support the approval of the zoning variance and the shooting complex’s opening when you are asked to overturn the Zoning Board’s decision.

Sincerely,

“Jim” James A. Bates, III
    Resident of Plainfield, IN
    ---------------------------------

Last edited:

gh2

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    beckpow@ccrtc.com address is no good. Email bounces. [strike]I sent the following email to the Putnam County Commisioner President Gene Beck [/strike]supporting the overturning of the Zoning Variance decision.

The other two addresses havent bounced yet.

Hope it helps!

-----------------------------

Mr. Beck,

I am emailing you today to voice my support of a new business venture planned by the Cheek family.
    Bob and Debbie Cheek own and operate Plainfield Shooting Supply located in Plainfield, IN across from the Wal-Mart Superstore just off of US 40. If you aren’t aware, Plainfield Shooting Supply is one of the premier shooting supply providers in Central Indiana.

Bob and Debbie Cheek have procured land in Greencastle, IN for the purpose of opening a shooting center to support the already large and still growing shooting community in the surrounding counties and the state of Indiana.

It has been made clear to me that there is some opposition to allowing this venture to proceed. Specifically, the Putnam County Zoning Board has refused to grant the proper zoning variance needed to allow this facility to become a reality.

As a frequent participant in multiple shooting sports competitions (USPSA, IDPA, IPSC, Steel Challenge, CMP) here in Indiana, I can assure you that the quantity of quality shooting sports supporting businesses and clubs is very low. As well, of the quality facilities mentioned above, those that can support higher level sectional and state competitions can be counted on one hand. The facility planned by the Cheek family will provide the Central Indiana shooting community and the entire state of Indiana (likely surrounding states as well), a high quality and safe shooting environment that could be the host venue for multiple discipline shooting sport events, firearms safety training, as well bring in tourism and revenue to the area. I can envision a WIN-WIN-WIN for the Cheek family in their new business venture, the local and regional shooting community, as well Greencastle Indiana and its local businesses with the creation of such a place.

I urge you to support the approval of the zoning variance and the shooting complex’s opening when you are asked to overturn the Zoning Board’s decision.

Sincerely,

“Jim” James A. Bates, III
    Resident of Plainfield, IN
    ---------------------------------

Well done:rockwoot:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It was denied. There was an article in the Banner Graphic a week or two back about it. Claims all the letters were from outside the county which is not true. I had contacted them and I live in the county.

I hope there is a lawsuit filed, or they simply put in a private club and move ahead.

Top Bottom