• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Make sure you break in your mags bc those 597s have junk stockers IMO good plinker though and accurate have fun

The older factory mags had problems. They fixed the problem a while back, and the new mags are fine. I've got 4 of the factory mags, and have never had a bit of trouble with any of them.

The 30 rounder, however, is an entirely different story. They are nothing BUT trouble, and I'm sorry I wasted my money on one.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    The older factory mags had problems. They fixed the problem a while back, and the new mags are fine. I've got 4 of the factory mags, and have never had a bit of trouble with any of them.

The 30 rounder, however, is an entirely different story. They are nothing BUT trouble, and I'm sorry I wasted my money on one.

Yeah, I was kind of worried about that when I thought they were $30 but for $8 I'm willing to gamble a little

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    597 SS

check these previous posts out hope they may help if any problems come up in the future.

hope this helps https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_g..._build_up.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_g..._its_home.html

I do NOT use
    Winchester anything in mine it will not cycle very well,
    Remington,good Federal or CCI is what i use.
    Plus on your blowback rods or what ever they call them, Tightn them up and back them off 1/2 turn loose, this helps in cycling,

Mine is a tack driver 110%

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    check these previous posts out hope they may help if any problems come up in the future.

hope this helps https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_g..._build_up.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_g..._its_home.html

I do NOT use
    Winchester anything in mine it will not cycle very well,
    Remington,good Federal or CCI is what i use.
    Plus on your blowback rods or what ever they call them, Tightn them up and back them off 1/2 turn loose, this helps in cycling,

Mine is a tack driver 110%
    thanks, hope to get out this weekend and cycle a few hundred through it. i guess we will see if its good to go or if i have to do some work to it.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Bought one for my son on his 13th birthday and I couldn't tell you how many thousands of rounds he has put through his and he has had very few problems with his. The couple of times I can think of him having an issue was one where I had cleaned it and put some lube on it in the fall then we didn't get out to shot it until early summer and it kept FTF'd I went home cleaned it and have not put lube on it since and have had no problems with it. The other time we were trying out some cheap junk .22lr ammo and it kept FTF and turned it into a single shot while we finished off that ammo, but no problem other than that.

I agree though, the new factory mags are the best for the 597 and you can throw away the 30rd mags as they are junk.

Good shooting with it, I'm sure your going to really enjoy i your new gun!!!!

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Bought one for my son on his 13th birthday and I couldn't tell you how many thousands of rounds he has put through his and he has had very few problems with his. The couple of times I can think of him having an issue was one where I had cleaned it and put some lube on it in the fall then we didn't get out to shot it until early summer and it kept FTF'd I went home cleaned it and have not put lube on it since and have had no problems with it. The other time we were trying out some cheap junk .22lr ammo and it kept FTF and turned it into a single shot while we finished off that ammo, but no problem other than that.

I agree though, the new factory mags are the best for the 597 and you can throw away the 30rd mags as they are junk.

Good shooting with it, I'm sure your going to really enjoy i your new gun!!!!

I'm going to have to test my two 30 round mags:D

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    My 597 likes hotter ammo, bulk crap is where you have issues with ftf and stovepiping....also, if you have factory plastic mags, ditch them for the metal ones......they're better

Top Bottom