• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Purchased a new rifle today , it only took 45 minutes to not REGISTER my long, arm that stated in the not so fine print there is no confidentiality to be assumed in the document and it will be on file somewhere for 20 years. The second amendment is a joke.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I am outraged. Maybe somebody will make a law.

Were you at a gun show? Did you jump through any loopholes?

The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of The United States of America is not a joke, in my opinion.

Fred78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    The rifle was purchased at Gander Mtg. It said on the computer screen about the lack of confidentiality . I purchased a handgun out of state last winter and had it shipped to a dealer it took all of 10 minutes to due the paper work and be on my way. What happened to going in the local hardware store picking up your rifle paying for it and they usually gave you a FREE box of shells and out the door you went. I will say one thing they sure had a bunch of belly pistols in the store last winter they had 4 pistols and 2 cheap revolvers yesterday they had maybe 100 different pistols.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    The rifle was purchased at Gander Mtg. It said on the computer screen about the lack of confidentiality . I purchased a handgun out of state last winter and had it shipped to a dealer it took all of 10 minutes to due the paper work and be on my way.What happened to going in the local hardware store picking up your rifle paying for it and they usually gave you a FREE box of shells and out the door you went.

Your local hardware store quit selling guns because they couldn't compete, because everyone kept buying guns from out of state and/or buying from Gander Mtn.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Your local hardware store quit selling guns because they couldn't compete, because everyone kept buying guns from out of state and/or buying from Gander Mtn.
    :laugh: :wallbash:
    Kinda like seeing someone get kicked in the giblets...funny and painful at the same time.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The rifle was purchased at Gander Mtg. It said on the computer screen about the lack of confidentiality .

So, you filled out a 4473 on line? Ok, well, as you know there is always a chance of hackers so Gander Mountain was letting you know this.

The few times I have bought off Gander Mountain I demand a paper 4473.

I purchased a handgun out of state last winter and had it shipped to a dealer it took all of 10 minutes to due the paper work and be on my way.

Not unusual.

What happened to going in the local hardware store picking up your rifle paying for it and they usually gave you a FREE box of shells and out the door you went.

Give that the ammo might be worth more than the gun now, the market charged.

Hardware stores do not do the numbers to compete with the big boxes such as Wal-Mart. Just look at INGO, guys will use $60 in gas to save $10 on a 10/22. No way Ace and Tru Value can compete.

I will say one thing they sure had a bunch of belly pistols in the store last winter they had 4 pistols and 2 cheap revolvers yesterday they had maybe 100 different pistols.

Given the vig that Gander Mountain must run, they are best served by having a wide inventory of firearms.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Purchased a new rifle today , it only took 45 minutes to not REGISTER my long, arm that stated in the not so fine print there is no confidentiality to be assumed in the document and it will be on file somewhere for 20 years. The second amendment is a joke.
    If you think the 2nd Amendment is a joke, then maybe YOU should give it up along with all your guns.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Did they walk you out the door before they handed you the gun?

Bought a rifle in one of those T shirt stores once and they did that. I wouldn't have believed it if someone had told me it was going to happen, until it actually did.

Top Bottom