• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    yup, look it up on the CZ website. 5/8" x 24 threaded barrel, single set trigger as well. Only thing I dont like is the poly stock. I love CZ wood stocked rifles.

True that. I have a 527 carbine and am dissapointed they left off open sights on the threaded model. I may still have to try the ruger. At around $400 no reason not to.

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    Too me the appeal would be if you could shoot inexpensive surplus ammo -- .311 corrosive steel cased ammo. Without the hardened chrome bore, will it hold up to that?

If you have to shoot factory loads, or hand loads what would be the advantage over another .30 caliber?

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Too me the appeal would be if you could shoot inexpensive surplus ammo -- .311 corrosive steel cased ammo...

The cheap "surplus" ammo available today from Wolf, Tula, etc. is not corrosive. Brassed case Yugo stuff is about the only true surplus 7.62x39 still on the market.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I wish they'd gone with the same stock comb system as the rimfires and added some simple open sights. This would be a great youth deer rifle. I like a shorter length of pull as well for my eastern European stubby build.

Exactly.....I often wonder why gun manufacturers do not talk to you or I first...That set up you describe would be a PERFECT truck/farm/ranch/SHTF rifle....And as you said a very nice youth rifle...

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    The cheap "surplus" ammo available today from Wolf, Tula, etc. is not corrosive. Brassed case Yugo stuff is about the only true surplus 7.62x39 still on the market.

So, is none of it steel jacketed anymore? What about steel cases? Would that have negative effects to traditional chamber?

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    I would say no, considering he's using it in the video.

I didn't see that. I would still have to conclude that steel cases would wear a chamber more, but with a bolt rifle, that level of chamber wear would be outside the reach of the lifetime of any typical shooter. The idea is really growing on me.

Lanternman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2017
    East Central
    Alright, this REALLY intrigues me. I have a question for you ballistics guys though. Out of the 16' barrel, how does the x39 compare to other popular .30 cal rounds like the .300 blk and the .308. I have a TON of x39 laying around, and frankly just don't shoot my AK enough.

I have a single shot Remington 7.62x39 I used to hand load for my daughter to deer hunt with. I don't have a chrono any more, but at I recall, I duplicated .30-30 loads, but could not reach anything like the .308 with acceptable pressure. I don't know a lot about the .300 blackout, but case capacity would say it should be equal or better. Factory ammo of course, is limited to what is available on the market. A hand loader can often use bullet and powder options that you can't match with off the shelf ammo.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    [video]https://youtu.be/uEAcMQa59mI[/video]

36094589254_ccbba86e43.jpg

Last edited:

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    This is a ten shot group of junk Tula 124gr FMJ at about 50yrds (longest I can stretch it on my place) so I guess double that at a 100, which brings it to 4inches. The scope is a temporary Bushnell I had in the junk box and once that's replaced I'm very sure I can shrink that group.
    Factory 20rndrs were flawless and not as annoying as I expected. Overall it's one handy package and am very pleased.

2ynl2yr.jpg

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    This is a ten shot group of junk Tula 124gr FMJ at about 50yrds (longest I can stretch it on my place) so I guess double that at a 100, which brings it to 4inches. The scope is a temporary Bushnell I had in the junk box and once that's replaced I'm very sure I can shrink that group.
    Factory 20rndrs were flawless and not as annoying as I expected. Overall it's one handy package and am very pleased.

2ynl2yr.jpg

Well at least you got a chance to shoot YOURS!

I have had mine for two weeks and haven't had a chance to get it to the range.:xmad:

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    Man I was pretty well set on getting a AR 10 or maybe bolt but I might just have to get back on this band wagon and save some coin. I wish I didn't sell that 5k rounds to the other member now:(

Top Bottom