• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I've got factory Crimson Trace on a 642. You've got to remove the grip to change batteries (eventually - I've pulled 'em off to look at it but am still on the first battery after almost 3 years.) There is very little behind there and you should be able to locate where the wires are run. I can't address the other concerns, but avoiding wires/contacts/battery should be easy depending on lock placement.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Looks like a cool six gun. Unfortunately, somone couldn't even GIVE me a lightweight revolver. I did have a lightweight Taurus 85. With normal loads, it was a little raucus. Full power .38+P was a little rough for me. Couple that with there was a few times when I forgot I was even carrying, seriously! I have overcome that issue, but it does impart a problem to me: In the heat of an issue, will I correctly remember if I am carrying a superlight gun and will it be controllable enough?

All in all, the LCR looks great. .38 cool. .357, maybe a longevity issue? .327 Federal, NOW we are talking! :D

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    It sounds like the same kind of lock as the New Vaquero, and I have heard of no issues with those. In all reality most people will never use the lock, but the gun can't be sold in Kalifornia or Mass or other states without it. Can you imagine needing the gun for defense, and you had forgot to unlock it previously?

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Heck no! I get versions without said lock if I can. I prefer to even carry guns without safety's even.

I was just saying it was supposed to be accessible for those that want it, but I can still not imagine drilling a hole in the grip even if you did want to get to the lock for some reason. I bet whoever lobbied for the internal gun lock cringes when they look at these and it makes me laugh! Good for Ruger lol! :yesway:

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Heck no! I get versions without said lock if I can. I prefer to even carry guns without safety's even.

I was just saying it was supposed to be accessible for those that want it, but I can still not imagine drilling a hole in the grip even if you did want to get to the lock for some reason. I bet whoever lobbied for the internal gun lock cringes when they look at these and it makes me laugh! Good for Ruger lol! :yesway:

I think my 10/22 has a lock on it, but now that I'm staring at it, I have no idea where it is. :D

Top Bottom