New ruling reguarding guns and schools...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Ok, so I've been out of Indiana for about 2 years, and I heard an obscure reference to some law Mike Pence signed about schools, and concealed carry laws...What is it? I'm planning on moving back to Indiana soon, and was just wondering what has changed. As an aside my son's school always has guns there......we home school.....

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm sure others will be along with the IC and a better summary, but if I remember correctly you can now carry while you drop off/pick up. If you leave your car it is okay to keep it inside as long as it is out of sight and locked up. Others will correct me if I forgot something.

Sandtiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2014
    Evansville
    Thats the way I interpreted the law to be. They changed it so guns are allowed in the parking lot of the school, obviously still not allowed inside the school.
    Gov. Mike Pence signs bill to allow guns in school parking lots
    "...his is a common sense reform of the law that accomplishes the goal of keeping parents and law-abiding citizens from being charged with a felony when they pick their kids up at school or go to cheer on the local basketball team."

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We've had the legal ability to hang a gun on your person while you drop your kid off at school for a while. As of July 1st, a gun left out of sight in a locked vehicle is now ok.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    As an aside my son's school always has guns there......we home school.....

+1! My wife and I frequently joke about how our school is a GFZ (gun friendly zone), unless, of course you are wishing our family harm. Then prepare for (as JetGirl calls it) interlocking fields of fire. Welcome back to indiana!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Thanks all! Great info...and I'm looking forward to having a good governor.....Mcawfull here in virginny sucks!

Top Bottom