• ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I recently configured a 22/45 Mark IV LITE for a steel challenge gun. I was debating whether or not to add a comp, as I never really believed a comp on a 22 did anything. I did a few mag dumps holding center of mass at 15 yds with and without the brake. The difference in group size was negligible, especially for a steel gun, but there was definitely less dot movement with the comp on FWIW.

Interesting .... thanks for your input ! :)

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    OK, I'm suspicious of all the new "TARGET" pistols out there, I don't think 90% of the goofballs who buy these things even know what a target pistol is supposed to be, and since they released it with glowy green sights I'm sure the guys at S@W Don't know what a target pistol is supposed to be.

BUT since I don't believe in running my mouth without some way to back it up. If a person has bought a new Victory Target, I'm willing to supply ammo and 2 S&W 41's and one Ruger MK2 Govt. to do a real world side by side test. we can meet at HHRP outdoor Range and we will sandbag and Rest them and we can issue a report.

Of course it would be no contest. Just cuz a pistol is called a "target" pistol doesn't mean it's for serious competition. Hell, tin cans are targets too! Would it out shoot my mid 70's 41 with a cocking indicator in the original box with original goodies? Of course not but even though my 41 gets shot I'm not going to knock about the woods with it as I will a Victory.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I don't know how this went sideways but My point was they are calling the firearm "Target" they are putting expectations in peoples mind that they can buy this firearm and compete against 41's, RWS, Anschutz, Ect. And it puts unrealistic expectations in uneducated buyer's minds.

I'm a marksmanship purist so to speak. I see so many new shooters with unrealistic expectations, Then disappointment and eventually loose interest in the sport, I've heard many times when new shooters don't get the scores they see from more experienced shooters and walk away muttering about how they could shoot that good if they had them fancy guns.

People need to take these advertisements and friendly reviews with a grain of salt. Sometimes new technology and better machining process Bring a leap in accuracy and sometimes they are just blowing smoke.

I just wanted to know which this was. I would love if this was a leap in technology.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I paid $399 for my Victory. LOVE IT. Sure can't see $1000 difference.

THis is exactly what I am talking about, If you've never shot a true target gun then you don't know the difference, and therefore your mislead into workingon the wrong habits of shooting.

I've talked to so many people of all experience levels that don't know that ammo shoots different POA, Groups, Ect. they think ammo is ammo and there's no reason to pay a premium for anything. So to them a Highpoint 45acp and a Nighthawk Custom 45 acp are the same thing. (extreme example)

Top Bottom