• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I handled one today and it is very nice. My Wife had no problem with th he slide. I will shoot one tomorrow as I was crunched for time. She shot a 380EZ and really liked it. I was holding out as I had a suspicion S&W would do a 9 at some point.

The trigger was probably heavier but only felt around 4 ish pounds on the sample Top Guns has.

My Wife has Lupis and has issues with a standard M&P so this 9EZ will probably be her new carry She likes the smaller grip for the single stack. Now I can have my model 15 revolver back LOL

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Have not shot a 9ez yet. But the gun is a little larger and noticeably heavier then the 380ez. Experience would tell me there will be more recoil. So while I like the idea of the 9ez there is still a place for the 380ez.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Have not shot a 9ez yet. But the gun is a little larger and noticeably heavier then the 380ez. Experience would tell me there will be more recoil. So while I like the idea of the 9ez there is still a place for the 380ez.

My train of thought is on par with yours. If someone is so weak they can't manipulate the slide on a standard small frame pistol then makes people think they'll be able to manage the recoil from a larger caliber? Seems counterproductive to me

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    My train of thought is on par with yours. If someone is so weak they can't manipulate the slide on a standard small frame pistol then makes people think they'll be able to manage the recoil from a larger caliber? Seems counterproductive to me

My wife with Lupus and others are a perfect example. She has no issues holding and shooting 9mm or 38 but whe it comes to racking the slide to a M&P 9C or small practical CCW firearm she struggles. She cam do my Glock 17 so so OK but shes not going to carry a full size gun either. Not a good thing with a carry gun. As far as teaching I'm certified through the Fed LE Training Cemter as a Lead Firearms instructor and every technique it boils down to her strength.

She has no issues with the 380EZ or 9EZ slide So I believe S&W will have a hit.

We actually shot it and it's a good gun for what it is. No you are not (or shooters this is drained for are not) going to to a 1,500 round course at Gunsite but for the average novice LTCH person that shoots 200-500 a year the won't wear it out.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Maybe not counter productive but not the same product. I think the 9ez is over 20 oz and bigger then a regular Shield 9. So not a small gun but still compact. The EZ380 is fairly light and basically no recoil. When I showed my wife the EZ9 your first response was “what’s the point”. Her reasoning is she wanted the EZ380 because it was smaller and lighter then her Kimber. She reasoned that if she was going to have the additional weight and recoil of a 9mm she might as well carry the lightweight commander sized 9mm 1911 and have 2 more shots. She is spoiled and sometimes forgets she is comparing a $400 gun to a $1000 gun.

You also have people who really want or need a lighter, smaller, low recoil gun. Hence the EZ380.

We have already sold an EZ9 to a younger, healthy lady and I think a gentleman has decided on a second. The gun has some unique features that first time gun buyers will like. I think it will compete better then the regular shield with the Sig P365 and Glock 43x. No not the same market but something different for a first time gun buyer looking for a smallish gun. First rule of sales, it doesn’t have to be better just different.

Top Bottom