• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We recently got in a new batch of Saiga 7.62x39 rifles that were marked "Legion USA" out of Florida. These guns were evidently brand-new production, lacking the milled-out area where the EAA import info had previously been, as had been seen on many of the RAAC-imported Saiga shotguns and carbines in recent years.

A quick web search revealed that Legion USA is the American office of none other than Izhmash JSC, and their "custom shop," Legion Ltd.

Home / Legion

Guess the Russians got sick of messing around with middlemen and decided to start handling things themselves. Hopefully this will resolve the supply issues we've had to put up with in the past, but it will also undoubtedly lead to higher prices for the consumer.

They show some neat new Saiga variants on their page, but only time will tell which if any are actually imported.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    VERY interesting. I wonder if we'll start seeing some forward fire control groups and pistol grips, based on the latest mutterings from the BATF crowd??? This may get fun - but I think you are right - prices may get a little rougher.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I guess any reason to increase their pricing, new importer, lack of "supply", trying to ride "ban fears" :rolleyes:

Right after the whole BATF "study" was released, I contacted one of my distributors about ordering more Saiga-12s. I was told another batch would be coming in, but the price would be about $50 higher per gun. A bitter pill to swallow, but I could live with it, so I ordered 5. He called me the next day to apologize, all the guns in that batch had already been sold. :rolleyes: A week or so later, he called me to say another batch was on the way, but they had to fly it in themselves, as there was currently no importer for the Saiga line. Price on those would be $120 higher per gun, which put the dealer cost well over what we used to retail them for! I told him he could keep them at that price, thankyaverymuch.

In the meantime, I found another distributor who had some of the new Legion-imported 7.62 Saigas and some of the IZ-109BHO shotguns in, and was expecting a batch of non-BHO Saiga-12s at fairly reasonable prices. The rifles have arrived, but we're still waiting on the shotguns. We'll see how things unfold.

I wonder if we'll start seeing some forward fire control groups and pistol grips, based on the latest mutterings from the BATF crowd???

Technically we could, as BATF is evidently not considering a pistol grip to be an "evil" feature. But none of the new models on the Legion USA website show such a configuration, so :dunno:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Shooter, I noticed that in the new arrivals on the Bradis section here, they were about $60 bucks higher than what I normally saw for the store. :(

BTW: I love the non-BHO Saiga 12s that come out to our range! :D Bang Bang Click (SEVERE flinch on the click). :D Shows folks how much they flinch with the comparatively sedate recoil of the semiauto Saiga.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Shooter, I noticed that in the new arrivals on the Bradis section here, they were about $60 bucks higher than what I normally saw for the store. :(

Actually it's only about $30 (the really cheap Saiga rifles we let go last year were old stock that had been seriously marked down), and I believe that will be the new regular price point, given the increases in wholesale pricing from the new importer. The distributor we got these from has a longstanding relationship with the shop and knows better than to try and screw us.

IMO, the Russians have this capitalism thing pretty well nailed; they are cutting out middlemen to maximize their own profits, and are raising prices because they know we Americans will still pay it.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    What is the new regular price point of 7.62 Saigas at Bradis?

Any way to keep EAA from being a middleman in a product is good news for me. I was part of the petition effort few years ago to request Tanfoglio dump them as being the "Witness" importer.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm a little skeptical about this, but if it means the Saiga supply will be steady then I can live with it.

I've been trying to get my hands on a 5.45 for a while now. I know Bradis claimed there were none in stock at the suppliers last time I was there. Seeing how the 7.62 is taking a price hike, I'm beginning to wonder if I should have just paid the premium for the 1 5.45 rifle I seen at the last 1500 go around. Hopefully the new importer will start cranking these out soon.

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Wow higher prices what a shocker :rolleyes:

You want to see my head explode, post about some manufacture lowering price without sacrificing quality.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hey thanks for the information Shooter. I guess I have a reason to go look though some guns shops now.

By the way, yes my head exploded, a little. :D

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Bump; just got this in an Email from one of our distributors:

"Legion USA is a division of LEGION Russia and will be a direct extension of the Russian factory. Legion USA will be handling the importation and distribution of Legion Saiga rifles and shotguns into the US market. We will not be seeing our first shipments until late Spring or early Summer."

That last sentence pertains only to that particular distributor, who just signed on with Legion; I have another who has already delivered Legion-marked rifles to us, as indicated in the OP.

Wholesale price increase on the rifles is relatively modest. However, the shotguns in all calibers are up considerably more, especially the newest model of the Saiga-12 with the automatic LRBHO. :xmad:

Good news is, I found some 5.45 Saiga rifles in stock. :)

Top Bottom