• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I like Dr Who. I haven't missed an episode since the new ones came out a few years ago. I haven't seen last nights so I'll have to get back with you on that one.

All of the doctors have their own unique qualities. The first one was my favorite and then e others grew on me. I liked Rose as his companion but now I like Amy and Rory(sp). They have all benefited the show in some way and made it different. I don't know about better but I love the show.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    i watch it, I actually have every episode (all the way back to the pilot) spin offs, radio shows, etc...

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ive watched a few of the old episodes through Netflix. I've seen some spin offs. I've watched The Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood. I really liked both of those. I thought they were going to bring back torch wood but im not sure now. I LIKE Captain Jack. :-)

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I've been watching Doctor Who since the late 70's. It is one of my 3 cant miss shows. Justified and NCIS are the other ones.

Tom Baker was my favorite Doctor. Matt Smith does an excellent job though.

bobby bobolink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Paradise Bay
    One of my favorite shows; been watching since the Jon Pertwee Doctor. In my mind Tom Baker is still the definitive Doctor. Really liked David Tennant. I think Matt will be pretty good, just didn't like the pre-season publicity that he is the greatest Doctor yet.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    The wife and I watch it. I roll my eyes every time he talks about guns.

The old Doc (but same Doc, if you follow the story... I guess) had no problem with the DeMat gun.

4919792674044379.png

Doesn't look like Amy Pond or Rose Tyler has any problem with them:

doctor-who_102125_7.jpg

rose-tyler-with-gun.jpg

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    I have to say im a way bigger fan of this season than last season. While I don't think Smith can hold a candle to Tenant (I just like Tenant's portrayal more, Smith seems very 1 dimensional to me), these last two episodes have made me re-think that policy.

Amy Pond is by far the best of the new-wave companions though. They need to bring back Jack for a few episodes as well. The mix of those two would make for most excellent television.

Love the whole scene in the Oval Office last week where as soon as it came out he was in America the Doctor suddenly got fearful he would get shot :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsX4ICQH1ZU[/ame]

Last edited:

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    One of my favorite shows; been watching since the Jon Pertwee Doctor. In my mind Tom Baker is still the definitive Doctor. Really liked David Tennant. I think Matt will be pretty good, just didn't like the pre-season publicity that he is the greatest Doctor yet.
    yup, you always remember your first lol, Tom Baker is the Doctor for me.

I wouldn't mind a Doctors Daughter spinoff, even if Tennant did marry her lol

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I also have been watching since the Pertwee days. And another one who doesn't have any gun problems... Dr. River Song, she shoots the heck out of them in both of the episodes so far this season.
    images

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I recently watched season 1 of "Sherlock" apparently done by two guys involved with Dr. Who.

So I have never watched any, but would like to start on the newer version. What season should a newbie start with?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I've been watching since Channel 59 was new and broadcasting the Tom Baker episodes on Friday nights.

I've been getting really tired of the current doctor pontificating about the evil guns, but I feel better when Dr. Song is slingin' lead or something else as she ignores him. When he said he "I shouldn't like that but I kind of do" talking about her shooting, I felt better.

The problem isn't so much that the writers want him to not like guns for himself, but the level of derision and condescension he displays toward those who recognize their value and who use them to good effect. When you're a superman with all kinds of superior technology, it's easy to eschew the use of guns.

Dr. Song with a low slung SAA was just sweet.

I also have been watching since the Pertwee days. And another one who doesn't have any gun problems... Dr. River Song, she shoots the heck out of them in both of the episodes so far this season.
    images

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    I started watching when WFYI (PBS) had it... Doctors 4, 5 and 6... I had a thing for Romano II (the blond one), I even dated a girl that looked like her for a couple of years.

523080-romana_super.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Romana II was awesome! I especially liked it when she wore her own version of the Doctor's "uniform," but with gloves.

I started watching when WFYI (PBS) had it... Doctors 4, 5 and 6... I had a thing for Romano II (the blond one), I even dated a girl that looked like her for a couple of years.

523080-romana_super.jpg

Top Bottom