• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So far i have liked this show, can't watch sons of guns anymore, just lost interest in that one...I like all the challenges, looks like alot of fun. An the drama is ok for me....maybe the Navy Seal that has a "A" personality will get in a good fistfight with the NY State Trooper....:rockwoot: Top Shot blends in with UFC.....LOL.....the Navy Seal isn't a good leader, an its beginning to show, loved it when the gal shot his target an hit bullseye, he didn't even have enough charater to understand why an congratulate her for a good shot, just sat there. I bet he is going to cause his team to implode on him. I like the former Navy Seal instructor on the show that helps them with their shooting...nothing but respect for that guy. He knows how to teach.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I like that they have to make shots in different ways. It would be boring to just watch them shoot at paper targets. I get sad when people that are good with say a shotgun are eliminated before they get to there type of weapon. I like seeing them using the weapon type they are really good at.

I would like to see some longer range shooting too. They did the 1000yd shot with the Barrett last season. I would like to see them shooting rifles at 300 yards. Maybe I just don't notice it, but they seem to mainly do 75 and 100 yards.

300 yds? That chick eliminated last week took and missed 10 shots at 75 yds..... She'd be there ALL day at 300!!!!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    300 yds? That chick eliminated last week took and missed 10 shots at 75 yds..... She'd be there ALL day at 300!!!!

My daughter in law would of hit it with one shot. But the guy that couldn't climb the log an kept sliding upside down an falling off was even more imbarrasing to watch...:cool:

critter592

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    North Central, IN
    Young guy, camp counselor by profession and "self taught" shooter, out-scored an older, military vet/SWAT cop/pistol instructor by more than 100%, using the same make/model weapon that the cop carries on duty! "Decisively" would be an understatement. :):

Cop does not equal "gun person". I think mindset is a key in these competitions. You may say "duh". But it seems hard to do for those there. George, the cocky sniper in "his" event did not win. He did not have the right mindset to follow the rules of that challenge. Then, the event he really was pissed about (being lowered from the crane) he won. He focussed.

Seems she focussed on being voted for elimination. The camp counselor focussed on where he wanted to go. She focussed on what she wanted to avoid. I told a friend who applied that if he wanted to do it right he should wish to be in every elimination and relish in the competition. If he could truly believe he could win. Phelps does not win in the pool because others feel he should be the winner. He relishes in the competition each and every time.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe It's part of the "Show" but If I was good enough to be there, I would not worry about being in the elimination challenge. Besides If you keep winning think of all the $2000 dollar gift cards at Bass Pro Shops you'd have! But the Stage Coach Challenge was awsome! I'd probably would not have hit any target, but I would have loved to try it!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Remember, one thing, they can't "set up" their own gun....
    We have no idea who sight in these guns, so a 300 yard shot, COULD be impossible to hit.... I have to re adjust my sights, scope, from 25 yards, to 200 yards.....

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I just caught up on the first two episodes. I like the way they split the contestants in the first challenge-- taking the two who were most alike in some way and forcing them onto separate teams. That may help prevent the kind of alliances that bugged many of us last season when the military folks teamed up. I did think it was a little odd to have one whole team of "winners" and one whole team of "losers" though. It will make for some interesting dynamics.

Once again though, I wonder what criteria they used to choose the women contestants. Both quite unimpressive and I KNOW there are many better female shooters out there--maybe not as nice to look at though? Just sayin'.

Sgt 1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Laporte County
    I would like to see a challenge with a dangerous game rifle, perhaps for the elimination challenge. More muzzleloading guns would be nice too. Morgan's Riflemen challenge could be interesting. I also agree with the soap opera stuff. Just shoot guns and only talk about guns, ammo and the guns and ammo lifestyle.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    they actually don't necessarily go off your talents in selecting for that show.....I know some who have applied to be on...but they seem to go for guys who are arrogant a$$ holes rather than real experience/talent....I guess that makes sense since it's reality TV

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Interesting this week that the red team shooter with the second BEST performance (Drew - shot 50%) was perceived to be among the worst, and the one who actually WAS one of the two worst (Michael - 26%) was smack-talking about the others. Can people really be that ignorant about their own performance?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Interesting this week that the red team shooter with the second BEST performance (Drew - shot 50%) was perceived to be among the worst, and the one who actually WAS one of the two worst (Michael - 26%) was smack-talking about the others. Can people really be that ignorant about their own performance?

Really!?!?!?

you had to ask that. it is not ignorance it is arrogance those fine men and women are gods gift to the shooting world and you should bow down to them.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I really enjoyed that show. I thought that setup for the elimination was pretty cool having to shoot the targets to allow the balls to keep rolling to the end. I would love to have one of them in the back yard. In the team competition were they shooting sabots through a rifled barrel or was that a smooth bore and they were shooting rifled slugs? I wasn't real clear on that. I was just asking because I have never shot slugs through a smooth bore and not to sure about how accurate they are.

Last edited:

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Just caught up on the first two before I head to bed tonight.

Haven't seen the first season yet, but the second season I watched pretty religiously, and noticed that pretty quickly in I started seeing people that I wanted to see get eliminated, rather than wanting to see win. Not because they were sub-par shooters, but because their attitudes towards others, most specifically in their elimination votes, didn't reflect at all on the other competitors shooting skill.

Got the same feeling in ep. 2, where I was hoping Sara would get eliminated fairly quickly. Honestly, I have to deal with people every day that are annoying, so I don't prefer to watch annoying people on TV. She may not have the biggest mouth on the show, but she was deff. the most annoying, so I was glad to see her go so soon.

Sure, there's more than plenty of drama added each season, but there's still lots of guns and lots of good competition to watch, so I'm really looking forward to catching the rest of the season.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Young guy, camp counselor by profession and "self taught" shooter, out-scored an older, military vet/SWAT cop/pistol instructor by more than 100%, using the same make/model weapon that the cop carries on duty! "Decisively" would be an understatement. :):

Here is the thing, if you watch his practice round with the M&P he said he's only had one....ONE...firearms course...I call BullHockey...

He did a reload and scanned for targets, for the most part he did keep the reloads in his work space...I've been shooting for years and don't scan as religiously has he did during a practice session. Unless you sit in your house and do nothing but dry fire, which I don't, you won't get that engrained after one range class...

But he did shoot great.

100% agree for the shotgun challenge that Mike should have not been running his mouth, he shot like poo. That's the first time they have ever shown who had what hits on a stage. I think they did it just so you would see how much of a Douche he was being. Is it to soon to crown him with the Douche Hat? Or give him the Douche Field award?

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    100% agree for the shotgun challenge that Mike should have not been running his mouth, he shot like poo. That's the first time they have ever shown who had what hits on a stage. I think they did it just so you would see how much of a Douche he was being. Is it to soon to crown him with the Douche Hat? Or give him the Douche Field award?

He already got awarded my douche hat award before this even happened :o) With the editing they do, they DO try to influence your opinions, and they DO seem to want us to think he's a jerk. I'll play along :o) But he wasn't the only one who had issues.

If any of us shot that course of fire, we'd KNOW how many we hit. But it's funny how none of them did. "We all shot about the same" No. I don't think so. Gary(62%) was the only one who outshot Drew (50%), and Mike wasn't the only one who nominated Drew for elimination. So everyone who voted for him shot worse than he did. (But I don't remember who Gary voted for or who actually brought up Drew the first time.) Drew gave a really impressive performance in the (very cool!) elimination round. He's on my "like" list for the red team I think.

Top Bottom