• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Well, sort of.

Took my 4 year old daughter with me to the range yesterday (with my wife along to keep watch on her when my attention was focused downrange). The original plan was for my wife and I to take turns shooting, with maybe my daughter getting to pull the trigger a few times with me holding the rifle (Ruger 10/22) so that it was pointed downrange and approximately at the target.

Well, my wife ended up not shooting at all (her choice) and I think my daughter ended up sending more rounds downrange than I did. She had a blast (so to speak).

Now I've got to look for something in her size. I've seen a couple of "youth" 22's on the market ("Chipmunk" and "Davey Crickett") that I may look into.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    That is fantastic! Get them learning early about safety issues and just how much fun shooting is and I think it'll make them a better person. Hopefully not a liberal which is not a better person!

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    From time to time, out of the blue, I'll ask her what she should do if she ever finds a gun. Her answer:

"Stop. Don't touch. Leave the area. Tell an adult."

(Thank you NRA and Jason Priestly.)

Last edited:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    From time to time, out of the blue, I'll ask her what she should do if she ever finds a gun. Her answer:

"Stop. Don't touch. Leave the area. Tell an adult."

(Thank you NRA and Jason Priestly.)

Eddie Eagle is good stuff! :thumbsup:

Eddie Eagle could beat the **** outta Obama any day! :bash:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Now I've got to look for something in her size. I've seen a couple of "youth" 22's on the market ("Chipmunk" and "Davey Crickett") that I may look into.

I started my daughter on a Crickett when she was 7. It's a decent enough rifle, especially for the $99 we paid. She needed a sandbag as she couldn't support it on her own. She's 9 now and has very little trouble with it.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I started my daughter on a Crickett when she was 7. It's a decent enough rifle, especially for the $99 we paid. She needed a sandbag as she couldn't support it on her own. She's 9 now and has very little trouble with it.

Current plan is to take her to the Indy1500 Gun and Knife show at the end of this month. That will give her a chance to have a say in picking out her own gun.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Current plan is to take her to the Indy1500 Gun and Knife show at the end of this month. That will give her a chance to have a say in picking out her own gun.

The only one mine wants is the pink AR-15. She can't seem to come up with the money for it though. :):

Top Bottom