New shooting range coming to Greene County?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I heard a fella talking on the radio yesterday about a shooting range and training facility that he is opening soon in Greene County (he said roughly 22 minutes from Bloomington). Has anyone else heard of this? I hope it comes to fruition; I'd enjoy taking some training courses over there with my wife.

Chuck

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I saw a sign just west of Bloomfield that said something about guns, but I forgot to stop on the way back to see what it said. It had an arrow pointing towards the Plummer area. Seeing as how it is nothing but river bottoms, I can see someone opening a range out there.

kevinj110

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    home
    It would be nice but I still would just shoot at the inlaws in Greene County don't have to worry about anyones booger hook but my own that way.

chuck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I'm in Bloomington and we don't have any real good options for practice around here. They will get my business if they open their doors.

Chuck

LFerguson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I was in that little security store just off the square, and a guy working there was telling me about it. Apparently the store and the range are owned by the same man, but the City Council was making it very difficult for them to open the range in Bloomington so that's why it's in Greene County. I signed up to receive an email about it. Apparently it's opening very, very soon. The annual fee is $75, and there will be 3 open range days and a variety of classes throughout the week.

LFerguson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Ah! My apologies. I was googling it and came across this INGO thread so wanted to update it in case no one else had yet.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Ah! My apologies. I was googling it and came across this INGO thread so wanted to update it in case no one else had yet.

No need for apologies, just wanted to let you know that it is already open, and link you to where some info was. They have a facebook page, I am sure there is some info up there. But I don't do "The Facebook" so not sure if they have been updating it there.

I hope to get out there soon as my GF's parents live right down the road from there. It could be pretty convenient for me.

LFerguson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Thank you! For the life of me I couldn't remember if it was Panther something or Cougar something or Jaguar something. I didn't have enough sense to write down the name while I was there. The link is much appreciated. :)

My husband and I usually drive 45 minutes to go shooting in our hometown, so having a range so close will be quite the luxury. :)

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I saw a sign just west of Bloomfield that said something about guns, but I forgot to stop on the way back to see what it said. It had an arrow pointing towards the Plummer area. Seeing as how it is nothing but river bottoms, I can see someone opening a range out there.

was it Herndon's shop sign you seen by the monument shop on 54?

where is this range?

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Here you guys go:

"Panther Ridge Training Center has just opened a new gun range located sixteen miles outside of Bloomington Indiana in Solesberry. The range offers ten lanes, and also a 100, 300, and 800 meter rifle area. Stop by the Bloomington office at 118 S. College Ave, or call 812-332-2190 and ask for jerimiah for complete details."

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Back from the dead again. If anyone has a facebook, you should really look them up and check out the videos on their page. I got on there to see what they were about and see if I could learn more about them and watched a few of the videos... for people offering training, I think they could use a little more themselves. In one video someone is shooting an AR and does a tac reload and fumbles the **** outta it, he then shoots a few more rounds and drops the magazine before SWINGING the rifle around his body (looks like the imaginary laser coming out of the barrel cut his camera man off at the knees). He draws a glock and shoots a few rounds before slightly messing up a speed reload on it, he shoots a few more, ditches the rifle on the ground and does a few emergency reloads on a pump shotgun (maybe a 590).
    The emergency reloads on the shotty were the only part in the video where it looked like he had some good training. This kinda of demonstration from the staff of a range that offers training does not really make me comfortable going there to get any training, and makes me leery of going there for some safe fun training of my own (range time).
    Anyone else who does do "the facebook" :) check those videos out too? Wondering if my safety concerns are just me being overly safe, or if others see it too.

Also the guy who posted in the welcome area linked earlier in this thread has not been on since he posted that one and only post so going to him probably won't be any use.

Top Bottom