NEW SHOW! Gary Gun & Knife Show March 31st 2018 (Sat. Only)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    This just sounds ridiculous,they will need to get cops on deck from all shifts.BUT, it would be a good place to set up a sting operation.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Me and my daughter will be there. Probably shortly after 9am. Hopefully turnout is good. Figure more traffic thru the better chance it can become a regular show

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    the armory is a clean ,air conditioned building in the industrial area of Gary .I am setting up and hope that this will be a regular show.After all if an 80 year old is willing to go maybe others will follow?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    the armory is a clean ,air conditioned building in the industrial area of Gary .I am setting up and hope that this will be a regular show.After all if an 80 year old is willing to go maybe others will follow?
    Will be there sometime tomorrow. Sad to think so many people are are going to miss this show because of the location. Help support the INGO vendors.

JRR85

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    I will be there at opening. Like others have said this location is in an industrialized area of Gary. It’s a stones throw from the interstate.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Hope the show gets a good turn out.

The couple of times I have driven through Gary, it was reminded me of some ****holes that I was deployed to, in the middle-east.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If Art's Bakery was still around I would go, or if someone had the mags I was looking for. My dad knew the ladies really well to the point we would go in the backdoor and watch them make cakes while eating some free fresh doughnuts. He also worked at the AT&T garage there on 15th.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just got back from the show. Fairly decent turnout. Definitely a small show. Walked it 3 times and was gone in an hour. No really good deals, at least nothing i couldn't buy anywhere else for the same money or less shipped to my door. Did pick up some pmc bronze 308 and some Federal Xm80c 308 at $15 a box which basically saves me the tax from buying it at Cabelas. Definitely nice though to have a show within a 10 minute ride. They put it on again and I'll go again

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I went to the show this morning with a buddy and his dad. The dad bought a Sig Mark 25, the Navy Seal variant, for $850. It was brand new. I thought that was a decent price. I bought some surplus ammo from a vendor.

There were a lot of accessories as well. Prices for firearms were high as usual. Ammo was reasonably priced at some tables. Fox ammo or Phoenix ammo from michigan had 100 rounds of 38 special for $20. I thought that was a steal.

If the Gary national guard has another show I will go to it.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    From a vendor's viewpoint: I'm not sure I can justify the overhead (expense) for a one day show when I feel like the customer base is the same as the Crown Point & Valpo show. Between those two shows, I'm in that "region" 10 times a year. :twocents:

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    From a vendor's viewpoint: I'm not sure I can justify the overhead (expense) for a one day show when I feel like the customer base is the same as the Crown Point & Valpo show. Between those two shows, I'm in that "region" 10 times a year. :twocents:
    I understand your point of view. I had a really good show (not as good as Crown Point), it was definitely worth going for me. We did get some customers from Crown Point but I'd say 30% of the customers had never been to a gun show before. I had several people tell me that they thought it was a great show. I told them that Crown Point is over 3x larger, I think most of them will be at the next Crown Point show.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Not all of Gary is a ****hole. If you know where to go, there are some awesome places to eat (some of which may not technically be in Gary).

You are 100% correct.

Also, the Steel Yard is a great place to catch a ball game.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom