• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    The vast majority of us act safely in either venue. But it only takes a very small number of goobers to endanger others and create the motivation to make such rules that affect everyone. I'd bet my house that the organizers of gun shows really don't want these rules because it turns away a percentage of potential business; likely much larger than the percentage of people that would be hurt via NDs.

Unfortunately, the huge liability, bad publicity, and tough political environment all make this restriction logical. I don't like it either, but I understand why they do it.

That is why "concealed means concealed" is an important out. It's possible, but I've never heard of a gun show patting anyone down or wanding anyone looking for concealed firearms. Not enforcing "no guns" too tightly allows you to defend yourself in case things went sideways, but discourages you from pulling out a live firearm for any reason other than a true emergency.

Agreed and repped!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I dont go to many, figured I'd ask then post.
    Seems asinine to support firearms through sales while disarming everyone at the door, create a gun free zone full of people who actually like and own guns.
    I just dont see why I have to waive/give up a lawful right/privilege I have to support it.

Maybe someone else can help me with my conundrum.
    I agree with you, but all it takes is one idiot to ruin it for the rest of us. I've never seen a "gun show" allow carry. It's funny when I see people ***** and moan about 'big box" sporting goods stores, at least they allow carry within the context of state law.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Reply I received:
    "Thanks for asking... there are to be no loaded firearms in the building of the gun show. This does include lawfully armed citizens with permits.
    We do fully support the second amendment but with everyone's safety at risk, we ask that everyone abides by this to protect each other. If everyone was to carry in a show, and someone asks them about their weapon, or say they are looking at a holster, and they draw it out from concealment, the chances of an accident happening are far too great.
    So for your protection, please unload your weapon or leave it in your vehicle during the show. Thanks again for clarifying."

Just posted because I said I would. They're also citing the same reasons already stated in this thread. I'm still not happy nor agree with it so I won't be going, thanks for the insight everyone.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My .02:

It’s sad you feel that was because the only person you’re hurting is you. You’ll never know what you’ll find there because the thought of not carrying violates your “fill in your noun/adjective/adverb/verb here.”
    I don’t think they will miss you. This holds true for so many members here that feel towards other places like Dicks Sporting Goods or Cheaper Than Dirt or Gander Mountain or…the list goes on and on and again, I don’t think they care. I go where the best deals I hope will be. I don’t care what their rules are or what they did in the past.
    Anyway, I also believe the NRA Convention allows the carry because that would be hypocritical of them if they said we couldn’t carry. They have the money to back it up and I’m sure plenty of higher-ups got their coffers filled to allow it.
    Unfortunately, gun shows don’t have the clout or financial cows like the NRA. I don’t like the rules but I’m easy going and I really don’t care and it’s their game their sandbox.
    If you reeeeeeally need to carry, carry. Don’t declare it. If you reeeeeeeally have to show your gun off to people there or whatever reason, than accept the consequences. Do this: Carry, without loading and carry the loaded mag in your pocket. If they tie down your gun, take a blade with you. It seems many here carry one along with a flashlight.
    DISCLAIMER: this is not meant to sounds curt, condescending, or ill-mannered towards anyone or anything. Again, just my .02 and adding to my post. :ingo:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    My .02:

It’s sad you feel that was because the only person you’re hurting is you. You’ll never know what you’ll find there because the thought of not carrying violates your “fill in your noun/adjective/adverb/verb here.”
    I don’t think they will miss you. This holds true for so many members here that feel towards other places like Dicks Sporting Goods or Cheaper Than Dirt or Gander Mountain or…the list goes on and on and again, I don’t think they care. I go where the best deals I hope will be. I don’t care what their rules are or what they did in the past.
    Anyway, I also believe the NRA Convention allows the carry because that would be hypocritical of them if they said we couldn’t carry. They have the money to back it up and I’m sure plenty of higher-ups got their coffers filled to allow it.
    Unfortunately, gun shows don’t have the clout or financial cows like the NRA. I don’t like the rules but I’m easy going and I really don’t care and it’s their game their sandbox.
    If you reeeeeeally need to carry, carry. Don’t declare it. If you reeeeeeeally have to show your gun off to people there or whatever reason, than accept the consequences. Do this: Carry, without loading and carry the loaded mag in your pocket. If they tie down your gun, take a blade with you. It seems many here carry one along with a flashlight.
    DISCLAIMER: this is not meant to sounds curt, condescending, or ill-mannered towards anyone or anything. Again, just my .02 and adding to my post. :ingo:
    So do you carry, outside of gun shows?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    As someone who has done firearm safety checks at the last 3 NRAAM, the reason the demo guns are disabled is because they are a HUGE political target. The major concern is an anti-gunner slipping a live round into a demo gun then walking away. Can you imagine the pummelling the media and anti-gun politicians would lay on them if someone were hurt or worse at an NRAAM?!?!

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    1. Thank you for bumping this thread
    2. If everyone would tie their guns with the trigger all the way back there could be no ND's
    3. If everybody would leave their CC handguns IN THE HOLSTER there would be no ND's

My opinions do not necessarily reflect the views of management. YMMV

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hi Singlesix,

Yes, I do. However, I don't carry where I know it's not allowed. It's not worth the risk with LEs and possibly losing my LTCH.

Well, the "no guns" signs don't carry the weight of law in Indiana, so the max you'd get would be trespassing charges if they asked you to leave and you refused. No losing your LTCH (well, at least until the lifetime license goes away like I heard ;)).

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Hi Singlesix,

Yes, I do. However, I don't carry where I know it's not allowed. It's not worth the risk with LEs and possibly losing my LTCH.

Osprey;

First not going at you, OK :); I carry everywhere, my thought being you don't know when you will need your gun. Only places I don't carry is where prohibited by law and I have to be there i.e. post office, courts, etc. Your previous post seem to indicate it was stupid not to attend the gun show just because of the no carry sign, if I don't feel the need to carry at a gun show why would I need to carry any other place? Just my way of seeing the world.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Any info on how many vendors and which vendors will be there (besides brads knives)? The previous links had no specifics.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Darkside Armory will be there, I suspect that it will be a fairly full show, being that it's in Indy and all, plus it's air conditioned, so it will be comfortable.

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    if caught carrying without it being strapped can get to be a headache . you will have to prove you didn't steal it off a venders table . how many carry their bill of sale ? most venders have a loaded gun under the table , so if you are scared of the big bad guy , one of the venders will protect you .

Top Bottom