• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    I am putting a side mount on my Ak and was thinking how i hate the original iron sights on the beast... I am wondering if anyone has used the flip up sights from an AR and tried to put them on an Ak somehow...

AR-15 Sight Rear Tactical Flip-Up New Target Sports

Using the rear sight from an AR like this one and then using a better front sight for the Ak I am wondering if there is a way to mount the rear sight on the Ak? Maybe a Picatinny/Weaver Mounting Deck extender somehow??? What do you guys think? Sounds good in theory anyway...

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    try any of these

Tech sights
    images

Texas Weapon Systems
    images

Krebs dog leg
    RearSightRail.jpg

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I don't think that I would like the additional height, even on a conventionally stocked AK... and especially not on a folder. I would think that the cheek weld would suck. That said, I don't like AK sights very much either. I'm still toying with ideas for modding the OEM sights.

Vitamink, I like the Krebs but I think that it would be too high (at least for me) on an AK unless you change the stock. When I added the Chaos rail to my S12 I was REALLY glad that I had chosen to put a MOE/Vltor on the back... without the Magpul riser it was very uncomfortable.

PB123012.jpg

Last edited:

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Agreed on all points. I want to try the TWS hinged cover for the additional sight radius plus it looks neat.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    To the OP, the sight in your link is a real turd. Had one, and it didn't take 2 weeks before I broke it.

ya I know it is, you can just look and tell they look like china steel (plastic) lol...

if I were looking I would looking for something more like a set of troy's...:rockwoot:

Top Bottom