• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    You, sir, are a wonderful enabler. Or is that horrible? I've now had the little beast apart three times, each time going a bit further. This last takedown involved the 1/4" drill bit though the return spring/guard latch channel and polishing contact surfaces a bit with my Sharpmaker fine stone.

Ordered a Wilson Combat spring kit yesterday from Midway.

Now I'm really pondering shim installation.

Oh, the joys of steel working with steel.... :)

It is a great resource, that's why I wasn't shy about sharing.
    It is easy to get a sp101/gp100 to surpass any s&w (standard, not necessarily PC models) trigger with just a couple hours work.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    It is easy to get a sp101/gp100 to surpass any s&w (standard, not necessarily PC models) trigger with just a couple hours work.

If you are talking about surpassing a factory S&W revolver trigger setup, no arguments there. New S&W revolver triggers on the standard, stock, non-PC revolvers are... well, not horrible, but not great. However, in my experience, I can take a factory S&W trigger setup a LOT farther than I can a Ruger. In the case of a K-frame, a simple Wilson Combat spring kit, and very, very light polishing of the trigger rebound slide, will make the revolver an entirely different gun. On the J-frames, I've had fantastic success with the Apex spring kits.

I have a NM 66 Combat Magnum with the Wilson Combat main spring and 13# trigger return spring installed. In DA or SA, it's like magic in your hands... buttery smooth, not a hint of knuckling or stacking in DA, and a gorgeous break in SA. And only one light primer strike in DA to this day. If you're ever around my area, you're welcome to see what you think of this setup, and judge for yourself.

SampW%20NM66%20Combat%20Magnum%2009.23.2015_zpsgiijf1ly.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Thats a sweet looking revolver. I'm not sure why, but I've always loved the look of the big heavy Rugers. I'll have one one of these days! Shoot it lots and enjoy it!

Top Bottom