• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Lucy has never been reclassified as an ape. Sorry to disappoint you. She was a hominid, an early humanoid life form, that was related to our human line. Piltdown was a hoax, that adds nothing to the equation for later finds. There's no bs here, just a new scientific discovery that expands our knowledge of human development and history.

Australopithecus afarensis (Lucy) are commonly accepted to be far more ape like than human even by those that believe the fairy tale. They are certainly no more human like than modern Ape/gorrila/monkey. There is contradictory evidence as to whether they were even bipedal or not. Lucy is just another extinct ape. See? No disappointment here.

My reference to Piltdown Man was to show how much evolutionists grasp for anything to prove their fable. Whether it's a man made hoax, an obscure partial skeletal or a random finger bone in a cave it is touted as a great find for a while and then fades away as inconclusive at best. I debate evolutionists a lot on another forum. I enjoy it. I don't see them bring up Lucy or any other supposed "missing link" to prove their point. There is a reason for that.

Oh, I think my favorite is Nebraska Man. The tooth fossil found in Nebraska in 1917 that spawned a new genus of north american human ancestors and inspired an illustrated "reconstruction" of the man and his entire family in a popular British publication. The tooth was later determined to be that of an extinct PIG. :rofl:

So, I stand by my original critique... :bs:
    What fairy tale is that? No fairy tale here...save that for Bible studies :popcorn:

The fairy tale of Macro Evolution. I assumed people would know what I was referring to. I should have been more specific. My mistake.

It baffels me that ppl seriously think that we evovled from monkeys? where are the missing links? there are 6+billion ppl in the world today and ppl will still believe things that they see (1 rock as an example) but choose not to believe in Creation by faith!

Be careful. Unfortunately INGO opposes any mention of anything remotely religious. (Other than humanism, apparently:dunno:.) Simply mentioning the alternative theory to evolution can get threads locked an infractions passed out.

You make a good point about missing links. The fossil record contains men and apes. It shows nothing that indicates a monkey on its way to being a man. Sure, a supposed missing link pops up every couple of decades but if made has really been evolving for millions of years I shouldn't be able to walk out of my front door without tripping over a missing link.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    You'd think that if evolution was real and it did happen there'd be at least one series of transitional fossils showing one kinda critter changing into another. They have none.
    NONE!

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Be careful. Unfortunately INGO opposes any mention of anything remotely religious. (Other than humanism, apparently:dunno:.) Simply mentioning the alternative theory to evolution can get threads locked an infractions passed out.

You make a good point about missing links. The fossil record contains men and apes. It shows nothing that indicates a monkey on its way to being a man. Sure, a supposed missing link pops up every couple of decades but if made has really been evolving for millions of years I shouldn't be able to walk out of my front door without tripping over a missing link.[/quote]

I ain't skeered

my point to what I posted was, why is it ok to talk/post about evolution and not creationism? having a double standard is what is weakening this country, ppl always afraid of being insensitive, or stepping on their toes. I know I didn't come from monkeys, and I choose to believe in Creation. Infract me if you want, but remember the double standard.....:patriot:

I am an UN-APOLOGETIC AMERICAN!! I pledge allegiance to the flag of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands, one nation under GOD, indivisible, with LIBERTY and JUSTICE for all!! I grew up reciting this every morning in school. We no longer do that for fear of OFFENDING SOMEONE !! Let's see how many AMERICANS will re-post this & not care about offending someone! GOD BLESS AMERICA!! :)

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle

You make a good point about missing links. The fossil record contains men and apes. It shows nothing that indicates a monkey on its way to being a man. Sure, a supposed missing link pops up every couple of decades but if made has really been evolving for millions of years I shouldn't be able to walk out of my front door without tripping over a missing link.

Awhile back a couple of anti-religious posters kept baiting people into arguments. People then whined about being uncomfortable. The whining led to the ban on religious talk. And yes, humanism/evolutionism seem to be exceptions to the rule.

ETA: Those anti-religious posters have since been banned. Interesting isn't it?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, digging up this thread to reflect the archeology in this link. :)

(Also, interesting to note the evolution of INGO such that the young-earth-creationist stuff isn't nearly as hazardous as it used to be!)

TL;DR - they've found DNA evidence that neanderthals and denisovans interbred. Conclusions are awkward, since we don't know if that offspring was then capable of breeding, but it is a fascinating discovery.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...van-neanderthal-hominin-hybrid-ancient-human/

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    There is evidence that modern humans and Denisovans interbred. If you are of "south Pacific" descent (Melanesian) some small % of your DNA is of Denisovan origin. Someone obviously reproduced. :grabass:

Top Bottom