• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    Shot my new SR9 for the first time today at popguns range in Indy. First time I had been there, and first time shooting in about 15 years! Was very fun. I walked in about 12:30 and was pleasantly surprised to find there was no wait. Only a few other shooters- maybe because of the Colts game?

I shot about 125 rounds. A mix of cheap reloaded 115gr fmj and remington hollow points. Had about 6 or 7 failure to fires. A few times I think it was me limp wristing and the slide not going back all the way forward. Other times it looked like the striker had impacted the rounds fine. I reloaded these rounds and the 2nd time they went bang no problem, so I don't know. Maybe this is just normal break in.

I'm definitely no sharp shooter, but I hit the paper every time so feel pretty good about my basic ability if I ever need to shoot for life or death. Definitely need mucho more practice and time with this gun to truly know it. Once we get a nice weekend day I will go try shooting outside at Wilbur Wright with some more varied ammo types. Also plan to bring the wife in the future.

-:ingo:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Definitely keep working with it and don't trust it for a defense gun until you get the mis fires worked out. If they continue I would get a hold of Ruger and explain to them what is going on and see what they want to do. Those guns seem to me to be a great looking gun and one that would interest me, good luck to you and keep us posted. :rockwoot:

Joe in FWA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I love mine. I had a few FTE early on, but it might have been me. My biggest problem during break-in was the slide release was so stiff it took both thumbs to move it. Now it's like butter...

MuncieKat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Muncie
    Were the FTFires all on the reloads?

Mostly- but I did have a couple with Remington UMC 115gr JHP's. Those may not be the best rounds either...

I had some Federal (I think nickel plated brass?) 9BPLE +P+ rounds I really wanted to try, but I wasn't sure if they would allow it, as Pops only allows brass. Anyone know if it would have been ok? I know that don't allow steel or aluminum.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom