• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guns_up

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Danville
    I bought my Father in law an SR9c at Plainfield Shooting Supply ($389 IF they have one). So Easter Sunday, the family gets together and we go out back and put a few mags through it. Probably the 3rd mag we get a jam. Easy clear, just a misfeed. The gun was well lubed, but just the stuff from the factory. Is this because, it just needs broken in, an ammo issue, or should I expect this? I was shooting the Federal ammo you can get at Wallyworld for 10.50 a box.
    My FinL doesn't have a ton of experience, so I don't want him to have something unreliable.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Did you clean it before you shot it?
    Ruger packs the striker channel full of grease.
    It needs to be thoroughly cleaned out before use.

Ruger has videos on their site showing how to disassemble the weapon.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    My fiance's sr9c had a misfeed during the first mag after that there have been no problems. I think it is just a break in thing. Have him put 3-400 rounds through it before he carries it, and if there aren't any problems it should be GTG.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I bought my Father in law an SR9c at Plainfield Shooting Supply ($389 IF they have one). So Easter Sunday, the family gets together and we go out back and put a few mags through it. Probably the 3rd mag we get a jam. Easy clear, just a misfeed. The gun was well lubed, but just the stuff from the factory. Is this because, it just needs broken in, an ammo issue, or should I expect this? I was shooting the Federal ammo you can get at Wallyworld for 10.50 a box.
    My FinL doesn't have a ton of experience, so I don't want him to have something unreliable.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could be it need a break in period or maybe it was limp wrist

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Yelp, Ruger really packs the grease in there. Field strip it and clean it up as well as cleaning out the striker channel and I think you'll be good to go. I really enjoy mine.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    the only issues I ever had with mine was when the g/f limp wrested it. I suggest making sure the F.I.L. is holding the gun tight. was he the only one having the issue??

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom