New Star Trek series confirmed with Patrick Stewart.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Tasha Yar for the win.

65.Denise-crosby.jpg

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Not paying for one show with the other contain being of no interest to me. I did Bing watch star trek discovery (free month access) and didn't care for it.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think people have forgotten these two:
    7f44fdbe03e210c352afa69432c67c24.jpg
    c2a7d3ae0ecf6f33767313cdc609af11.jpg

And there are plenty of ways around the paywall that CBS stupidly attempted if you're so inclined.

The way things are going with every content provider trying to start their own service it will make the cost of cable and satellite TV much more transparent.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Babylon 5 Forever!

There is an NCIS marathon on today. USA network. Mostly commercial free. How would I know this...:):
    A marathon, eh? With 15 seasons, they'll still only show a small percentage unless they are taking a week+ to run it.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Where the hell did that come from?
    People actually liked that crap? :dunno:

Everything "Star" has been great... Star Wars... Star Trek (except anything after Voyager)... Stargate... Battlestar Galactica... ... ... but not Crapylon5

Acting was crap, camera work was crap, effects were crap, plots were crap, aliens were hit and miss, ships were just OK...

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Everything "Star" has been great... Star Wars... Star Trek... Stargate... Battlestar Galactica... ... ... but not Crapylon5

Acting was crap, camera work was crap, effects were crap, plots were crap, aliens were hit and miss, ships were just OK...

I followed the remake of battle star. It was pretty good until the seriously crap final episode. What a flat liner.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Still my favorite, for many years. Scary when I first saw it as a child. The sound effects made the show.

... and there was Anne Francis.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My favorite character from that series:

7f5f918dd2b4fffac3837c2ee6fb6650d8a14cd2.jpg

Definitely one of my early celebrity crushes. I ran across an older interview with her not too long ago where she talked about her experience on the show and how her character evolved. She pointed out you could tell how intelligent her character was going to be on any given episode using an inverse relationship to cleavage shown.

I was thrilled when I got my regulation Star Fleet uniform, or the regulation space suit, as we call it. First of all, it covered up my cleavage and, consequently, I got all my brains back, because when you have a cleavage you can't have brains in Hollywood. So I got all my brains back and I was allowed to do things that I hadn't been allowed to do for five or six years. I went on away teams, I was in charge of staff, I had my pips back, I had phasers, I had all the equipment again, and it was fabulous. I was absolutely thrilled.

Anyway, I was a big fan of ToS, TNG, and I think I liked DS:9. I never saw much of Voyager or anything after, though. I haven't seen Enterprise or the latest one at all.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    So much to respond to, coming so late into the thread...

First, I would be interested in Picard's new adventures. If I can find them without having to put additional money in CBS' pocket, so much the better. I have not watched Discovery. A couple of friends I have that are even bigger Trekkies than myself have waived me off citing that it's loaded with heresy almost to the point of the JJ Abrams abominations. Maybe when I get a VPN I'll track them down so I can be sure I won't like them, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

Now, the Captains:

Kirk: Definitely a man of his time, not only in the late 60's expectations of a swashbuckling "Captains Invincible" ladies' man, but also in the time in Starfleet history where it's a rough and largely unexplored galaxy out there. I pick Kirk for who I want on my side in a bar fight and to go chasing green women.

Picard: The first couple of seasons of TNG were hard to watch. He became so much more likable as the writing improved. I pick Picard for anything diplomatic, or any polite dinner party that has the possibility of ending in a overdone conversation about Aldebran whisky. I also think he would be the best travel companion.

Sisko: Captain Sisko is honestly my favorite. He is highly intelligent, wise, introspective, he still has an ample appreciation for good old fashioned mischief, and comes across as the best friend you could possibly have. He's also written as an extremely fair man. DS9 wasn't given a proper chance by a lot of Trekkies but it's my favorite Trek series. Once it got rolling and trouble with the Dominion started DS9 turned quickly into a great war story, and the heavy involvement with the Klingons and getting a deep look into the internal workings of their culture. I found it all quite fascinating. DS9 in my opinion had some of the best writing.

Janeway: I pick Janeway for, well, not much. She's just lucky they didn't all die, and ended up with a promotion for not getting everyone killed. If I really wanted to get nagged and lead into danger for no good reason, Janeway's my girl.

Archer: Captain Archer is from the start a very likable character. He's well rounded, and a good commander just trying to figure things out in a big, new universe that most of the other space faring species want to be jerks sharing information about. I like Enterprise quite a bit, and place it as my second favorite series. The third season was a bit tedious with the arc story completely taking it up, but the fourth season was stunning with all of the questions they answered.

With that said, let's move on to Marina Sirtis. I met her at a Trek convention back in the day and got to talk to her for a few minutes. She was a very nice woman. I still have an autographed 8x11 glossy of her in the season three dress that's not for sale at any price.

Still, I think the most stunning actress ever involved with any of the Treks is Jeri Ryan, or Seven of Nine from Voyager. Adding her to the cast probably saved Voyager.

7of9_s4d.jpg

There isn't a lot of science fiction I can't find some merit in. I even enjoyed Babylon 5. You have to forgive it for a lot of things, but it's a product of it's time. Firefly was canceled way, way too early. The Battlestar Galactica reboot was a masterpiece until then ending, but I still watch it. A favorite not many have mentioned is Farscape; what a romp!

It's not an either/or with me. I even enjoy the Star Wars universe without getting sucked into all of the nitpicking and arguing over stuff. It's all there for fun. I even liked Solo.

Flame suit on, shields up.

Chris

Top Bottom