New Survival book: "Bug Out The Complete Plan for Escaping a Catastrophic Disaster

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • insidethebunker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    North of Louisville
    "Bug Out The Complete Plan for Escaping a Catastrophic Disaster Before It's Too Late"

Has anyone seen anything on this? It was just published June 15, 2010. I just stumbled across it on Amazon. $10.17. 17 of 19 reviews give it 5 stars.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/156975781X/ref=s9_newr_gw_ir01?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0GDJ3D493N8T8TYX8N3Z&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846]Amazon.com: Bug Out: The Complete Plan for Escaping a Catastrophic Disaster Before It's Too Late (9781569757819): Scott…[/ame]

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Why would one want to learn how to bug out when one lives inside the bunker?

All seriousness aside, bugging out should be the exception, not the plan.

tweekie1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Why would one want to learn how to bug out when one lives inside the bunker?

All seriousness aside, bugging out should be the exception, not the plan.

Us poor folk who live in the city and have nowhere to build a bunker.:dunno:The MNZ around me would have us burned out in 2 days if SHTF. I plan on being gone in 1.

tweekie1

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Us poor folk who live in the city

I used to live in the city (Boston and Chicago...:n00b:). I was in Boston when 9/11 hit. I didn't drive to work. I took the subway. I ignored all public trans and walked out of the city. I easily covered a mile an hour in business casual clothes and got home that way. If you're in halfway decent shape, just about every city you can literally walk out of WTSHTF if you have a place you know you're walking to. If you don't have a place you know you're walking to, get one. Even if it's a cheap storage unit outside the city, it's better than nothing.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I looked through it at the bookstore, not worth it IMO. its pretty vague and general and most of the book just talks about different regions of the U.S. and what areas you could bug out in.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Us poor folk who live in the city and have nowhere to build a bunker.:dunno:The MNZ around me would have us burned out in 2 days if SHTF. I plan on being gone in 1.

tweekie1

I hope you have a place to go to, somewhere that you will be welcomed and expected. Otherwise, to the country folk, you look like a potentially risky refuge.

Happy Independence Day ! :patriot:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I just looked at this book today... have to agree that it seems vague at best with nothing that seemed to be of help in advancing a BO plan.

I passed it up and saved the money for a box of shells instead.

Top Bottom