• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm needing to get my wife new tires soon and was wondering the best place to get new tires while keeping the best price in mind...prefer columbus area, may travel and hour away or so if the deal is good enough.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Discount Tire has always treated me pretty good, they even fixed a tire for free on a vehicle that had original factory tires on it. They also replaced two tires 5 minutes before closing when my wife hit a crater in the middle of the street and shredded the hell out of them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I shopped around a few weeks back and ended up at the Tire Barn in Bloomington. I seemed to have gotten a better price on the phone than advertised on the web. Still, if you haven't bought tires for a while, you'll be in for a shock.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Discount Tire for me. Sometimes I have to haggle to get the best deal, but I always do end up with the lowest price. Plus, free flat repair, rotations and balance. Hard to go wrong with them. I only wish they would fill with nitrogen.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I shopped around a few weeks back and ended up at the Tire Barn in Bloomington. I seemed to have gotten a better price on the phone than advertised on the web. Still, if you haven't bought tires for a while, you'll be in for a shock.

Tire barn in Columbus told me $158 a tire for Michelin, for 215-65-16

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Just bought 4 BFHs at discount tire. $500 otd with warranty. Tirerack and the repair shop both quoted $600+. You can look for my tire thread a few down in the breakroom

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I use ebay. Some people sell older model tires that are new and some sell tires that are barely used. I bought my winter set (firestone)and have it all done for 250. My wife I did the same for her (bridgestones) and had it all done for 300. Lots of people offer free shipping on ebay too.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I use Taylorsville Tire in Taylorsville. They have always treated me right. My wife got some tires at Tire Barn over by Lowes and they seemed OK...but we traded the car off a month later.(DOH!).

If I order online I get them from discounttiredirect.com and then get them mounted at Taylorsville Tire. About half the price of most places to get them mounted.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Tire Barn. I got quotes from several dealers on both my vehicles and they smoked everyone else by more than $50 a vehicle out the door. That includes rotations and road hazard coverage.

Order on line and who will do any warranty for you. I like Human interaction and will pay a few dollars to know there will be someone available if issues arrive.

Last edited:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Man, I think it varies almost day by day. Discount Tire always seems to be one of the lowest, but on any given day, depending on what coupons you have and what place is having a "sale" it can be Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco,Tire Barn, Firestone, Car-X, or even sometimes, Pep-Boys.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom