• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Just picked up a nice 5th wheel camper. Was wondering what sites there are for camping and campers. What are some good campgrounds to go to in Indiana?

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Break that camper in right and take it on a hunting trip. Get some good mud stomped into the carpet! I agree Sullivan is a nice place. There are some nice little camp grounds in the Green Sullivan State Forest that hardly anyone uses and I would love to camp at sometime. You could go there and have the place to yourself without feeling like you are in a trailer park.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    The state parks and national forests all have good camp grounds but they don't normally have sewer and water on site.
    Sullivan Indiana city park has a great campground around a lake,
    Lake Rudolph at Santa Claus is very nice if you want to take the kids to the amusement park.
    For the most part we haven't had a bad experience in Indiana. Go for what you like and enjoy.

Dtrap

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My wife and I like camping on lake Monroe near bloomington IN. There are a few different campgrounds around the lake but we like Hardin Ridge a lot. Almost all of the sites are wooded and semi-private. It is a nice place to spend a weekend if you don't like the normal over crowded campgrounds where you are sitting on top of your neighbor. You can walk right to the lake and go for a swim or fish. It's a nice clean campground with good amenities.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I bought a book off Amazon that seems pretty good. "The Complete Idiot's Guide to RVing". Has some useful information. And in the back are some Clubs and Campgrounds that might give some useful info, or save money.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    My wife and I like camping on lake Monroe near bloomington IN. There are a few different campgrounds around the lake but we like Hardin Ridge a lot. Almost all of the sites are wooded and semi-private. It is a nice place to spend a weekend if you don't like the normal over crowded campgrounds where you are sitting on top of your neighbor. You can walk right to the lake and go for a swim or fish. It's a nice clean campground with good amenities.

Agreed. We camped there a couple years ago in late August, and the place was almost empty. Good hiking and excellent facilities (showers, toilets, roads).

Top Bottom