• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtyakker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Today I purchased my first Conceal and Carry handgun. I have already purchased the lifetime handgun Carry permit. I am a responsible and ethical hunter and fisherman. I also do some volanteer work with the DNR and The Friends of The White River. I want to know where do I find the laws, rules, regulations of Conceal and Carry, not only for Indiana, but other states as well. We havw a son who is finishing his second year of Medical School iin Missouri this may and we will be moving him out to Pheonix Arizona so that he can start his Rotations. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and looking forward to being a new member of the site.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Welcome friend.

BTW, before you get flamed, Indiana is an open carry state. You may carry concealed or open as you choose.

There is a lot of information here. I have personally learned a lot.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...BTW, before you get flamed, Indiana is an open carry state. You may carry concealed or open as you choose...

Well, only sorta kinda. True open carry states do not require any license/permit to carry a handgun openly, most only require one to conceal.
    Indiana requires a license to carry whether openly or concealed.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    In my classes I always recommend handgunlaw.us. They have been, & continue to be, the most accurate with the info and the most timely with changes & updates in laws, policies, ordinances, etc.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Here is another site very similar to the post above. Handgunlaw.us

I have not seen another site as comprehensive and well-maintained as Handgunlaw.us. Gary Slider has done a yeoman's job of it. I use handgunlaw.us almost exclusively, as my go-to site for information and links regarding carry permits, recognition, reciprocity, pre-emption, and out-of-state permits.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    In addition to the sites above, before a trip I usually confirm with the states through which I'll be traveling. Laws change from time to time and it can be tricky for all the 3rd party sites to keep up with the changes (although they do VERY well usually).

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, only sorta kinda. True open carry states do not require any license/permit to carry a handgun openly, most only require one to conceal.
    Indiana requires a license to carry whether openly or concealed.

I stand corrected your emminence.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Browse around on here a lot as well, I've learned a lot just reading through the threads.

Welcome!

I agree with coltsfan. I recently started carrying and have learned so much from wise scholars on this site! Seriously, read as many posts as you can in each forum.

Top Bottom