Not open for further replies.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hello,

I just purchased my first handgun a P220 at the Indy1500. I grew up in a country family where having guns was just what everyone did. I am not new to shooting guns but I am new to owning a handgun. Most of the guns I have used were all revolvers, and shotguns/rifles. I filed last Monday for my handgun permit so it should be in any day. I have gone through the gun safety ringer with my family (partly military) but also gun safety courses in regards to hunting (however it has been years). I then last night watched endless reviews, and videos online about my new gun (I was not aware how famous it was).

All that being said I understand, and know that I am in some stage of novice. That owning a handgun requires lot's of responsibility. I would like to hear any advice people would have on my specific model of new gun, maybe suggestions on a handgun training course, and suggestions or wisdom garnered from years of being hand gun owners that you would kindly gift my direction.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :welcome:

I would like to hear any advice people would have on my specific model of new gun, maybe suggestions on a handgun training course, and suggestions or wisdom garnered from years of being hand gun owners that you would kindly gift my direction.

Start here:
    35amxhj.png
    and then go here:
    xcr8ci.png

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Welcome. As Scutter has mentioned, we have many many posts and a FAQ which can help get you started.

There is a plethora of knowledge on this board. Looking forward to hearing from you as well.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

The original P220 was considered one of the best out of the box .45s you could buy. Great choice for a first pistol!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom