Not open for further replies.

JamesInMD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    Laurel
    Hello, Hoosiers!

My name is James, and I live in Maryland. I'm getting ready to visit Indianapolis for Gen Con, and I wanted to learn more about your fine State's gun community before my trip.

I am originally from Ohio and have fond memories of various trips into Indiana, and one of them does involve frustrating confusion over time zones... But for the last 11 years, I have been a Maryland resident, and yes, it is just as bad here as you may have heard. It's not California yet, but our legislature does get many of its worst ideas from the Left Coast.

I enjoy all variety of shooting activities, and I regularly participate in IDPA. I also enjoy collecting WWII- and Cold War-era guns.

If you have some free time, I invite you all to visit our Maryland Shooters community, mdshooters.com.

One question for the moderator types out there, is it preferable to start a new thread on a given topic or resurrect an old thread if a topic is directly relevant? The Maryland forum is quite fond of thread necromancy, but I don't want to violate any of the Hoosier cultural norms here.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Welcome. It's good to know there are still some good citizens out in MD.

As for threads, it's OK to resurrect an old one or start a new one. Obviously some topics have multiple threads (OC vs CC, 1911 vs Glock, 9mm vs .45, just to name a few). A good rule of thumb is to use the search function first to see if there's a recent one open. Nobody gets too serious about that kind of stuff.

There is a rule that new users need to contribute 50 quality posts to use the private message function or use the classifieds. If you post a lot in the first few days some may accuse you of "running for the classifieds." Since you live in MD, this probably won't be an issue for you.

Anyway. :welcome:

JamesInMD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    Laurel
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I had been wondering if there was any kind of INGO meetup planned during the GenCon weekend in Indy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom