• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hello,
    I'm new to the forum but know a little about guns. I just bought a M & P 9c, what are some must have accessories and/or mods. I appreciate all input and look forward to learning more about guns on the Forum.

ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    APEX tactical DCAEK. Really smooths out the pull and gives it a nice reset. I put one in every M&P I own/have owned.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Ill agree with the RAM and night sights but put a couple hundred rounds thru it first. The trigger pull smoothes out alot. If after that and you decide you want a lighter pull, then do the DCEAK. My :twocents:. Oh and :welcome: :draw:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    If your new to handguns, you would really be better off using the money to buy ammo for practice and training. The accessories don't do a thing to help if your not already competent and proficient with the firearm.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ill agree with the RAM and night sights but put a couple hundred rounds thru it first. The trigger pull smoothes out alot. If after that and you decide you want a lighter pull, then do the DCEAK. My :twocents:. Oh and :welcome: :draw:

I've got an M&P9C on the way as well (its being shipped so I don't have it yet to check out the trigger), but have carried and shot Glocks for many years and am trained on the distinct trigger reset on them, so this is a subject that interests me.

Do you run a RAM without the DCAEK? From what I understand the RAM changes the reset and the DCAEK changes the trigger pull weight?

Do you need both to make the trigger more Glock like, or will just the RAM make it more like a Glock without the DCAEK?

From what I've seen if I'm going to switch out the sights then do the other parts at the same time as it seems the rear sight needs to be removed to swap the parts, is that correct?

ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    If your M&P9c has a safety on it, you can't use the RAM.

Yes, you need to remove the rear sites to install the striker block.

I haven't installed a RAM in any of mine, so I can't comment about it's improved function, but I have noticed a distinct, crisp reset along with the change in trigger pull weight with the DCAEK alone.

If you are going to do the install yourself, invest in a good roll pin punch. You need a 1/8" (No.4) punch to work on the M&P. The YouTube videos on APEX website are great.

Top Bottom