New to me cz p07 front sight disappeared?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Hey all, I recently bought a cz p07 off another member. He said it had CGW fiber optic front and black rear sights and they do look like it. I took it to the range yesterday, after stripping the spray paint off the frame and installing the rubber Talon grips this past week . I was enjoying the first 50 or so shots when all of a sudden I had no front sight! It was just gone! I searched for about10 mins and gave up. It disappeared.

My question is, is this common? Is the front sight just a press in fit, there is no roll pin on a p07. I'm probably just going to order one from the cz custom shop, does the length of the fiber make that big of difference? Thanks.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Also I noticed that the mags don't drop free and the slide doesn't lock back after the last round. Since its out of #Warranty, anyone have any ideas?

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    If they entire front sight went missing, buy a new one from CGW or CZ custom shop. If the fiber rod fell out, simply buy some more, cut it down to size, and melt the ends so it doesn't fall out again. Fiber rod breaks, it happens, it's fairly common, this is why sight packages come with spare rods. The Mfg knows it's going to happen as well. It's also why I don't care for fiber sights on a self defense gun. The slide lock issue is likely you. If you insert an empty mag, pull the slide back, and it locks, it's definitely you. If it doesn't lock at all, it's probably the mags. Check your frame for debris, clean it well. If it's that hatchet job I saw on the classifieds a few weeks back, clean it very well.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    That hatchet job worked reliably for me for hundreds of rounds. Clean my guns better than most. Think before you speak it'll help you in the future. 95 Wangler, I shot that pistol for hundreds of rounds after installing that front sight. I fell crappy that it came off right after you got that, I am willing to buy you another sight. PM me and we can work something out.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Yes it probably is that gun. The whole sight fell out, not just the fiber. I did a very thorough cleaning and fixing of the frame. The slide lock issue is not me as I did the empty mag and slide lock did not engage. I'm seeing a bunch of early p07s having mag and frame issues from the start but since I'm not the original owner, the warranty is void. I was just asking if anyone had experience and possible repair info.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    @95

If it's a P07 Duty, and not the newer model with front cocking serrations, call CZ and give them the SN. If it's old enough, they might replace it. The early ones had well documented frame bulging that would stop mags from dropping free among other issues. Just google CZ P07 frame bulge. There's even a YouTube video explaining it. It had something to do with the polymer they chose.

@Cav

No need to get defensive about the hatchet job. No offense meant.

CavMedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Plainfield
    Sorry Shift. That was a dick move by me. When I shot it it would not lock open every time. I had read that was just something that the early P-07's did. But, like I said I will get 95 a new sight, I feel bad about that.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Shift, I may see what cz says about it. Thanks for the help.

Cav, like I said, no worries. I bought it as is. I told ya I wanted a project! Lol

Top Bottom