• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Bought this Dillon from Bobcat Steel in Shelbyville Friday. Spent Friday and today learning it. Cranked out some test round today. I was running it very slow, sometimes only working on 2 rounds at a time. Definitely wish I had bought it first, but I can always use the Lee Turret for other calibers. Thanks to all the knowledgeable members for the insight.

IMG_1324.jpg

James45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Connersville
    Nice looking set up! I like the work area as well, I'm trying to get something similar set up in my basement. Keep us posted how it goes with the new press.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Does the light position work very well? It seems to me if you look up you'll be blinded. Took me almost full day to setup the 650 a week or two ago and with my set up haven't found a good light set up, the skylight would work but 35.00 dollars seems high and still not completely get the job done.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Great addition, and you're light years ahead of me with my single stage! A Lee turret would be a real step up for me.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Does the light position work very well? It seems to me if you look up you'll be blinded. Took me almost full day to setup the 650 a week or two ago and with my set up haven't found a good light set up, the skylight would work but 35.00 dollars seems high and still not completely get the job done.

Look around here for a thread about making a sky light.
    I used it and a trip to Radio Shack and for about $16 you can make your own. I used the twin AAA battery pack on mine. Works great, I can see right down in the cases.
    I'll see if I can find the thread.

Last edited:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009

Yes, it works just fine. Haven't been blinded as I'm looking down at the press. I tested a few options before i stuck those in. There is one over the shelves and in front linked together. So i could turn one off and leave the other on if i needed to.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Music shops sell very compact clip on LED lights for music stands. Various models from about $8 to $30 dollars. I have a single LED flexible gooseneck model that was $12. Just enough light, no glare. Very handy and I can use it on several different presses.

Top Bottom