• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilovemyjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Just got back from the gun show at Nappanee. Went to ogle and came home with a holster. Yippee.. funny part is I had to bring in my gun in order to find a good fit and I barely had my feet in the door and had 3 offers to buy it. All in all a fun day!

I carry a small purse and it wouldn't fit in there, so had to stick it in my waistband....does this qualify as "carry"...lol

ItIsWhatItIs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Hooray for tac gear!! I gotta find a good iwb but i am pretty small and most don't conceal very well. i sometimes use a messenger bag with an outside pocket but its not my 1st choice. Congrats on the gear!

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Hooray for tac gear!! I gotta find a good iwb but i am pretty small and most don't conceal very well. i sometimes use a messenger bag with an outside pocket but its not my 1st choice. Congrats on the gear!

If you're looking for a good iwb women's holster holstersplus.com is making a female holster now that is highly recommended. If you contact them ask for the "Vicki Farnam" model.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Thank you! There is a class coming up and one of the requirements is an outside the waistband holster, so I m all set. Except now I need to get a belt!

I got a really nice belt at galls.com. This is the one I got: Aker Leather Dress Belt - LP224

They have lots of other options, but the boyfriend has this one as well. I knew it was good because I used to use it & take his 1911 with me when I went grocery shopping. (he's not allowed to come with)

rineay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    Just got back from the gun show at Nappanee. Went to ogle and came home with a holster. Yippee.. funny part is I had to bring in my gun in order to find a good fit and I barely had my feet in the door and had 3 offers to buy it. All in all a fun day!

I carry a small purse and it wouldn't fit in there, so had to stick it in my waistband....does this qualify as "carry"...lol

Do a quick google search on the Flash Bang holster, its great for a small gun.

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN

Never been to the gun show in Nappanee and wanted to go this year but I got busy. Was it a good show?

Also, I am new to the gun world and actually found some really good youtube videos on the different types of holsters women can wear. I learned alot from watching them. Could always check some out when you have some free time. :)

ilovemyjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Yes it was a good time. I always see something that I have never seen before....being a newbie to the gun world too. And yes there are some neat videos on youtube. Funny thing happened last evening at a meeting. Another woman and I got to chatting and low and behold, she pulled up her shirt a bit and there was her holster peeking out. Ya know, I read the posts, but don't actually know any women personally who carry. She said she doesn't either. What a hoot!

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    Yes it was a good time. I always see something that I have never seen before....being a newbie to the gun world too. And yes there are some neat videos on youtube. Funny thing happened last evening at a meeting. Another woman and I got to chatting and low and behold, she pulled up her shirt a bit and there was her holster peeking out. Ya know, I read the posts, but don't actually know any women personally who carry. She said she doesn't either. What a hoot!

Cool. I will definitely have to go next time. Oh wow, that is pretty cool. I don't know any women that carry either, but then again most of my gfs are from IL. I can't wait to move to IN and then I might carry... I'm not really sure yet. The only problem that can think of is that I usually wear tighter fitting clothes during the warmer months. Maybe I will have to change my style and start wearing skirts and dresses!

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Cool. I will definitely have to go next time. Oh wow, that is pretty cool. I don't know any women that carry either, but then again most of my gfs are from IL. I can't wait to move to IN and then I might carry... I'm not really sure yet. The only problem that can think of is that I usually wear tighter fitting clothes during the warmer months. Maybe I will have to change my style and start wearing skirts and dresses!

Easy fix, open carry! Or have a dedicated spot in your purse that is gun ONLY.

Judy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2011
    I can't find a holster that I am totally comfortable with either. I usually carry a G26. I guess the only option is OC. A friend told me I need to get a diffent gun possibly a 380.

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    Easy fix, open carry! Or have a dedicated spot in your purse that is gun ONLY.

I might open carry eventually but being from IL I still get scared if someone OC's. I guess I will just CC during the colder months and let my boyfriend CC when it gets warmer out.

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    No no no no you must get a little gun and hide it on your thigh!!! And you could wear skirts!!!

I could do that but the problem is that I'm really skinny and it would probably show. :/ I might just have to get some more skirts! I know the boyfriend won't complain.

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    I work in Chicago, I wish I COULD carry!

Oh wow, right now I live about 20 minutes from Chicago. I try to avoid being in the city because some people are scary! I definitely wish IL would become a gun friendly state like IN. That is one of the reasons I am moving to IN soon! :D

Top Bottom