• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    After a consider amount of time hunting I found another Strider PT. Unfortunately they don't make them any longer and while Strider may have some controversy this model is far and away the most useful knife I've owned. The one I've had for a few years has been awesome and this new one has a bit of wear on the blade it doesn't appear to have been used to cut much or carried significantly. I was really wanting a PT CC but at this point I was happy to take what I could get and I got it at a very fair price. That said, the blade has a bit of play when opened. The lockup looks to be around 60% or so but the blade still moves up and down slightly. What can I do to remedying this?

imagejpg1_zps0780a12c.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsed501741.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsac4a1820.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't know enough to be sure. If I tighten the torx on the back side of the pivot the blade lockup improves but it's very difficult to open and close.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Tightening the pivot can help with side to side play, but not so much with up & down play because you end up having to go too tight, and in most cases, that still won't remove all of the up & down play. Vertical (up & down) blade play is usually caused by the failure or wear of the knife’s locking mechanism (sloppy fit in the blade lock itself). Side to side play can be caused by several problems. The pivot screws not tighten enough, or sloppy tolerances in the different materials that mate together in the handle and around the pivot area. More than likely, you will have to send it back to Strider....it does have a life time warranty.

Last edited:

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    Yeah, as the above said. Email them (wait a couple days for a reply in my case) then follow shipping instuctions. I just had my SnG serviced. Mailed it on a Friday, got it back a little over a week later. Mine had lock-rock (front to back when open).

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Listen to the Strider guys they say ship UPS or FedEx as they have had issues with USPS in the past. Tracked and insured all that jazz. You will get your PT back good as new!

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Listen to the Strider guys they say ship UPS or FedEx as they have had issues with USPS in the past. Tracked and insured all that jazz. You will get your PT back good as new!

the one other thing I will add to this is the above is kinda correct. Do not send it USPS or you will get your knife back in 6 weeks untouched. if it's not fedex or ups then "supposedly" they don't deliver to strider at reasonable hours or blah blah blah and strider can't send a man to the post office to pick up the blades so they just sit until returned. It's the one really annoying bs thing I have found about them. makes no sense to me and has been the aggravation of a lot of complaints.

sipherblitz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    Greenwood
    make sure all the screws are tight.. other wise I'd send it back to strider to an overhaul. They are generally pretty good about standing behind their products

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    A friend just got his knife back from strider with the same issues. It looks as though they replaced the thumb cylinder thing with a larger one.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Top Bottom