• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I bought a RIA 1911 tactical model today. I got it at Bradis with the help of Mark. I took it to MCFG this afternoon. I think I can understand the addiction of the 1911 platform. This is a smooth piece of machinery. Nice crisp trigger break smooth action.I did have a few failure to feed using WWB. I'm hoping this will resolve itself as the OM called for a breakin period of 500 rounds. Other than that it was a lot of fun to shoot. I will return to MCFG tomarrow for some more trigger time. I am very happywith the accuracy of this gun. Thanks again to Mark and remember Choc-Ola is like crack....the first one's free. The next one will cost you.:D
    I do like this 1911 platform:rockwoot:

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Congratulations on your purchase. I hope to follow suit very soon. I already have a concealed carry gun but I really want a full size pistol for target shooting, self defense, and possibly even playing around with a little competitive shooting down the road.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    I bought a RIA 1911 tactical model today. I got it at Bradis with the help of Mark. I took it to MCFG this afternoon. I think I can understand the addiction of the 1911 platform. This is a smooth piece of machinery. Nice crisp trigger break smooth action.I did have a few failure to feed using WWB. I'm hoping this will resolve itself as the OM called for a breakin period of 500 rounds. Other than that it was a lot of fun to shoot. I will return to MCFG tomarrow for some more trigger time. I am very happywith the accuracy of this gun. Thanks again to Mark and remember Choc-Ola is like crack....the first one's free. The next one will cost you.:D
    I do like this 1911 platform:rockwoot:
    Hey Shooter1054,
    Thanks for letting me try out your RIA 1911 at MCFG this evening! (I had the XDM 3.8 and Marlin 795) You got me hooked also. :thumbsup: I'm gonna be paying Bradis a visit this weekend!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    There are many good guns out there...... but nothing is like John Browning's 1911 design.

Enjoy it.... and get ready to buy more.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Congrats on the Rock. I bought one a few years ago and it has been one of my favorite shooters. Mine took about 200 or so rounds to break it in, but after that, it's been flawless. It's every bit as accurate as my Kimbers and the additional weight of a steel frame/slide makes it easier to get back on target for follow up shots. Since getting mine, I've added a C&S extended thumb safety and a Wilson Combat trigger. It's a fun gun to tweak and tune, but really did not need anything changed.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I went back out to MCFG this afternnon. The RIA shot well, a lot better than I do. The FTF's seem to be going away the more I shoot. I have to slam home the magazine pretty good and that seems to help. I met another INGOer chillidip1 out there today and he let me compare with his Springfield 1911. That is a fine piece of machinery sir. Thank you for letting me shoot it. If I run across the right deal one might be in my future, but I don't know if I can do the price of the higher end 1911's. Back to the shooting: With about 24 rounds, there was a rather large hole in the upper left quadrant of the target. I had a few flyers but most were tight. Did I mention I do like this gun?

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Bought a RIA 1911 Tactical today at Fort Liberty at a great price. :hooked: (sorry Bradis, Ft. L is right down the street)

I might have to sell the XDM but I love the 19 round mags and cheap ammo. I just need to learn to shoot it! :D

chillidip1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Indy
    Shooter, it was good to meet you and thanks for the chance to shoot a gun that I’ve heard so many people rave about. Now I know why the RIA is so popular. That’s a great gun.

Top Bottom