New tomahawk, I bet you will be pleasently surprised who made!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    What up INGO. I just oicked this up today. I started polishing the bit hence the appearence currently. I couldnt wait to post this because i know we have alot of fans on here :):

2013-03-12225151_zps50e5e5bf.jpg

This looked pretty cool before i started working it to a mirror finish which I am in the middle of. I saw these yesterday at a local FFL and went back today and bought one for the mere $57 marked. I couldnt stop thinking about it.:D

2013-03-12225226_zps634b0e9c.jpg

Thats right boys and girls, Estwing now makes a tomahawk which is constructed from a single piece of steel and made right here in the good old USA. They have two basic designs a standard spike style and this. This double bit is around two pounds. I has definate heft!

I hope this excites some of the Estwing guys on here. Thanks

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    value

Well hell...looks like I'm going to pick up a new tomahawk

Ive got a few hawks already, but the value of this was super. A heavy duty construction, an American mfg known for making quality tools, full tang solid one piece construction, and made in America. All this for a grreat sized tomahawk for less than $60. I dont see how you can beat it!
    :rockwoot:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've got an Estwing hatchet from years ago; stacked leather handle, nice slim head - fairly nicely executed for a production job. It's been good.

Hadn't seen a similar one for years.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    Polished

I mainly wanted to do this as practice before I pull my Saiga 12s bolt which is next to get polished to mirror. This is an update from the crappy pic where I had only begun to polish the steel

2013-03-13121933_zps35c4e52c.jpg

It was alot of work but turned out fantastic. I went ahead and polished the surface of the raised letters on the shaft as an accent. Im impressed with how it looks now

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Ive got a few hawks already, but the value of this was super. A heavy duty construction, an American mfg known for making quality tools, full tang solid one piece construction, and made in America. All this for a grreat sized tomahawk for less than $60. I dont see how you can beat it!
    :rockwoot:

Same, I have an RMJ that's hard to beat and a traditional H&B tomahawk for throwing and general purpose but that thing is just cool. Might replace the H&B as my general purpose hawk.

Top Bottom