• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Here's a vidoe of yesterday's range trip.

YouTube - 300BLK first range trip

I'm still kind of up in the air on this one. Definately need to do some more load development. I should have a thousand rounds of brass sitting on the front porch this afternoon, so it'll be a lot easier to work with than converting each round myself. In the video, the 200gr Hot Cors sound quieter than the 220gr SMK's and they used teh same powder charge. Not sure on that one, when shooting, you get the noise from the buffer spring, so they both sounded kind of loud. I need someone else along on my next range trip so I can hear it shooting from a distance to see how it really sounds. I had zero functioning problems and teh bolt locked open on an empty mag every time. Not in the video were some 125's that also shot very well. Recoil was light, even without the suppressor. They were obviously supersonic, but could still be fired without hearing protection with the can on it. It might get old after a few mags, but the 20 rounds I shot were fine.

Definately looking forward to more range time with this one.

Doug K

Last edited:

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway: out of :yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

Only missing one thumb because I'm envious that it's not mine :) It's a good looking gun. And interesting to find out it holds the same round count as .223's

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Once the new bullets made to expand at those velocities come out, I think we now have a great option for the "larger bullet" fans for the AR.

I just wish it was legal to hunt deer with in IN.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Nice review! Thanks! I have been thinking about getting one of those! How is the ammo priced for it?

If you can find it it's about a buck a round. Midway shows that they are expecting to have some of the .220gr Remington ammo at the end of the month. Think it's like $21 a box of 20. This is with 220gr Sierra Match Kings so the price isn't too awful. I just came home to a box of 1000 pieces of converted brass, so I need to order some more bullets!!

Doug K

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    With 125gr loads it's a hair better than the 7.62x39 which is awfully close to the. 30/30. So, it should be a good deer cartridge but there are definately better. With the heavy bullets there is a ton of drop.

Doug K

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    With 125gr loads it's a hair better than the 7.62x39 which is awfully close to the. 30/30. So, it should be a good deer cartridge but there are definately better. With the heavy bullets there is a ton of drop.

Doug K

Top Bottom