• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Got my first 1911...and my new favorite gun, at the 1500. Just got new Hogue grips and put them on it today. Here are the results:

1911_grips.jpg

Along with my cheap beater knife that I absolutely love using :): This thing is an utter joy to shoot compared to any handgun I've fired to date.

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    nice buy. just wondering, how do you like your s&w knife. i know some people who bought them at gun shows and hate how they get stuck and bend easily.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    nice buy. just wondering, how do you like your s&w knife. i know some people who bought them at gun shows and hate how they get stuck and bend easily.

I haven't really put mine through any "serious" usage yet. Next time I go out to shoot (this weekend) I'll drop down into the woods and beat it up. The action sucked when I first got it, but after breaking it in it's nice and smooth, and locks very firmly. It's also sharp as hell and after some repeated slicing and sawing it hasn't lost a bit of edge. To be fair, it is a small-ish folding carry knife, it's not thick, so I doubt it will resist bending very well, but we'll see.

If it stands up to me beating it up I'd highly recommend buying one since they are only like $10-$15. For a cheap knife it has done surprisingly well so far.

Top Bottom