New toy made it to Beech Grove Firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Only 6+ months of waiting........ With conjugal range visits.:laugh:

806BC63A-4EBB-4225-AA93-A6126D6AB595-309-0000002404113668_zps65db7c21.jpg

C136750F-E1F7-41C8-91A4-E8AFC893CFD0-309-000000241EF7C5F8_zpse07d66b4.jpg

Trying to find a gun cool enough to get a ride in Vitamink's HMMV! :dunno:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Pelosi and Feinstein are going to love you. Oh well, here today gone tomorrow, or by the end of the year.

Not really. That will never happen. It's only wet dreams of two hornie women.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    How does it shoot? I've been seeing pictures of those and videos for a few years now, but I've never seen one shot in person or handled one myself.

They look like they'd be a clunky carbine, but I'm assuming that can't be the case given how much fuss is made over them. I know the design is supposed to reduce recoil. But hell, I used to have a Thompson semi 1927 which weighed as much as a boat anchor (seemed to anyway), and shooting .45ACP was nothing in that. The same goes for my MAC. In stock form, it's big of a handful. But with my AA upper, it's recoil can be managed by the tiniest of shooter (assuming they can pick it up to begin with).
    The tech specs say the Kriss is about 6lbs unloaded, which is about half the weight of my old Auto Ordnance.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    They were working on the air handler on the range today, so didn't do much shooting. When they needed a shooter so they could check the air flow, I volunteered.

There is some recoil, but it's not like a Thompson. It never really comes off target, because there is no noticeable muzzle climb.

They look very awkward, but it feels very natural and shoulders nice. Today was the first time I had put hands on one. As an initial impression, I like it a lot. I definitely need more time behind the trigger because it is so different. It kind of reminds of the first time I saw a Glock. They were butt ugly! But they shot and felt better than they looked.

Nobody ever bought a hammer because it was pretty.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    They were working on the air handler on the range today, so didn't do much shooting. When they needed a shooter so they could check the air flow, I volunteered.

There is some recoil, but it's not like a Thompson. It never really comes off target, because there is no noticeable muzzle climb.

They look very awkward, but it feels very natural and shoulders nice. Today was the first time I had put hands on one. As an initial impression, I like it a lot. I definitely need more time behind the trigger because it is so different. It kind of reminds of the first time I saw a Glock. They were butt ugly! But they shot and felt better than they looked.

Nobody ever bought a hammer because it was pretty.

Sounds pretty interesting. Hopefully I get a chance to get some trigger time behind one.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    It's a Kriss Vector SBR. It fires .45acp and uses Glock 21 mags with Kriss extensions giving it 30 rounds.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    your not talking to your wife here, we ALL know better then that. ;)

:laugh: you got me there! :laugh:

After the election, I decided to buy guns before they went up and delay the cans.
    Now that guns and ammo are bought, it's accessory time.

For what it's worth, my wife didn't believe me when I said I was done either! :laugh:

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Very nice Dave. Have you had it long? How do you like it?

I've had the can and the Kriss both for about 2 years now. I wanted to SBR the Kriss by adding the folding stock, but there is nowhere to engrave my information that meets NFA requirements. I could send it back to Kriss and have them add the stock and SBR the weapon, but I'm being told it would take a year to get it back.

The Kriss did have one problem. The trigger kept failing to reset after I got about 500 rounds through the weapon. I called Kriss and they had me take it back to 21st Century, where I bought it. There are 3 or 4 set screws under the rail, that hold the trigger assembly in place. 21st Century had the proper tools and trained personnel to pull the rail, re-torque the set screws and reassemble. The weapons has been flawless since then.

The design of the bolt makes this really fun to shoot. Almost no recoil and there is no barrel flip or jump at all. I was shooting it at Targetmaster in Ft Wayne with the Osprey installed and pulled my hearing protectors long enough to fire a couple shots. I could actually hear more noise from the mechanics of the weapon that from the muzzle. The Osprey has a cam locking device to align the can with the profile of a semi-auto slide, but in the photo above, I had it rotated 180 degrees, just because I thought it looked better that way. One of the local ATF agents came into the range and came back to the range and wanted to look it over. No problems with the weapon or can, he just liked it and wanted to fondle my gun :laugh::laugh:

I also changed out the cammo EoTech for a black EoTech, added a rail mounted green laser with remote pressure switch and mounted a LED light. With a 3 point sling, I can carry concealed with just a light jacket. I haven't carried it for SD or PP, but it could be done very easily.

Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I have a good friend that should be getting his tax stamp back in the next month or two on his Kriss, I can't wait to shoot it! These things are just too cool!

Top Bottom