• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    Today, I picked up a CBC single shot 20ga from BigGuyinMuncie (repped!). It had a 28" smooth bore barrel, but I quickly changed that. On the way home, I stopped by harbor freight and picked up a pipe cutter. Once home, I measured three times to 19" and began to make my cut.

(Sorry for the crappy phone pics)

0505011953.jpg

Here is what I had after the initial cut.

0505011949.jpg

I decided that an elastic saddle would be perfect for my budget truck gun, and since I had a $25 from Dunhams, I ran over and picked one up, along with some 20ga #3 buck.

0505012025.jpg

When I get back home tomorrow, I'm going to work on cleaning up the cut with a file to make it look a little better, and touch it up with some re-blueing.

I've got around $75 tied up in this gun, and from a college budget, I could not be happier.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    If it shoots and is reliable then what else do you need? :rockwoot:

I've been wanting to do a sawed off for years, been debating on the 20 gauge 870 that doesn't get used; or waiting for a used and loved 870 12 gauge to pop up (already have one, but I need that to stay like it is for when I find the time to go turkey hunting).

You know that shotgun would look realy purdy with a pistol grip :D

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    You know that shotgun would look realy purdy with a pistol grip :D

Already thought about that. As this is a gun that I don't plan on shooting regularly, I would still like it to be as useful as possible. Although wood pistol grips look incredibly nice, I want to retain as much usefulness out of this gun as possible. Plus, it would be within .25-.50" of being the legal 26" if I were to pistol grip it. Not worth it in my book.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Already thought about that. As this is a gun that I don't plan on shooting regularly, I would still like it to be as useful as possible. Although wood pistol grips look incredibly nice, I want to retain as much usefulness out of this gun as possible. Plus, it would be within .25-.50" of being the legal 26" if I were to pistol grip it. Not worth it in my book.

I think he was referring to a pistol grip stock similar to an AR-15 or AK47. :dunno:

uniquejohn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    west lafayette
    WOW!!!! I was not aware that a pipe cutter would hold up to cutting aq barrell, I always used a sawzall.....will have to try it next time.....thanks for the lesson

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    That gun will do if you'll do. :yesway:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhgwHQCJwWw&feature=related[/ame]

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have New England Single Shot 20 Ga in my trunk.. I often thought about replacing it with a SKS.

I used to have a AK-47 under the back seat, but I think if a cop finds it he'll freak out, so now I have a MAVRICK 88 12 GAUGE shotgun:D Any country boy cop would understand me having a scatter-gun

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Wal mart might have a fiber optic type turkey sight you can crazy glue to retain the sighting. I would use a piece of double stick tape till it is in your exact spot after shooting a couple times. 10yds or so should suffice. I have a similar in marine coat (nickle) 12 ga H&R Survivor stock. can't beat singles with a butt cuff!

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    A fiber optic sight would look nice on the end of it. Do you think JB Weld would stick better than crazy glue?

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I JB Welded a sight on a shotgun (against most of INGO's responses, but that's another story :) ) Worked really well, and still going strong. LT scott is right about finding the right spot though. Put the gun in a vice--very gently--to find perfect top.

Looking good over there though.

I actually screwed an extra plastic shell carrier into the stock of a breakdown 12. Looks kind of cool. :)

Top Bottom