• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    IMO, don't worry about 4k. Spend your money on a higher end "standard HD" tv. Unless you are going to sit very close to the TV you won't be able to see the pixels anyway. If you go LED LCD, try to find one that uses a full array of LEDs to light the panel instead of LEDs around the edge "edge lit". I would say do not discount plasma, but I don't think you can get them in the size you want. The extra power usage is negligible when you compare the picture quality. No matter the quality of the LCD panel, it simply can't keep up with a plasma display. That said, most people don't care and no one is manufacturing plasma panels anymore so the selections are limited to existing stock.

Another vote for a UPS. I wouldn't look at anything less than 1500 VA if you're going to power an entire home theater system. I have a 1400 VA to power my TV and AVR and a 750 VA to power my sub and the sub can still send the UPS into overload on heavy bass notes. Granted my sub is not a typical 100 - 200 Watt RMS sub.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "Ultra HD" "UHD" "4K" "2160p" (all mean the same thing)
    120+Hz refresh (Be careful about this one. They like to play fast and loose with marketting BS for a number that's a multiple of 120.)
    4+ HDMI ports

I, frankly, prefer it if my TVs stay quite dumb in their nature. I want to install ethernet jacks in the port panels in the walls behind my TVs, but those would be for the tiny, little smart bits that I would add on to one of those HDMI ports.

Top Bottom