• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No its not. It just isnt bugging you for 30 days.

Mine asked again this AM. But I'm not sure TK wasnt still tweaking things, so its possible timeouts got reset.

And maybe its because I deal with this crap daily, and I have at least one site using MFA that is MUCH more onerous on its users. (new 10+ digit pass every 30 days and MFA code EVERY login. Ugh)

This is mildly annoying, but acceptable.

As to a breach? My understanding is no broad breach per se, just apparently its possible to crack (or simply bypass) our individual passwords relatively easily.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Mine asked again this AM. But I'm not sure TK wasnt still tweaking things, so its possible timeouts got reset.

And maybe its because I deal with this crap daily, and I have at least one site using MFA that is MUCH more onerous on its users. (new 10+ digit pass every 30 days and MFA code EVERY login. Ugh)

As to a breach? My understanding is no broad breach per se, just apparently its possible to crack (or simply bypass) our individual passwords relatively easily.
    @texkev said it was turned off. Is that not true?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Your OPINION is noted. Would still like to hear that from admin before I shut down an email account unnecessarily

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

It's off, because I'm here, and I haven't used the 2 step auth.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    @texkev said it was turned off. Is that not true?
    Its probably gone back to optional. But any of us that logged in and were forced to turn it on may still have it active.

I was prompted today at 2:10. So at least for me its still on.

And under the circumstances, I have no plans of turning it off. I know of at least one other member that turned it on a week or two ago voluntarily when the takeovers first started to protect his account. Smart guy. ;)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If you see an add from me... I don't plan on selling anything... BUT I don't do paypal or money apps.
    If I DO place an add I accept cash or cash as valid forms of payment... on rare occasions if cash in not available I'll accept cash instead.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you see an add from me... I don't plan on selling anything... BUT I don't do paypal or money apps.
    If I DO place an add I accept cash or cash as valid forms of payment... on rare occasions if cash in not available I'll accept cash instead.
    Just want to make it clear. Do you accept cash?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, a Google App is not an INGO app. He was searching the Play Store for the INGO app. Not going to find one there.

You answered the question as asked, but not what he was really wanting to know, which is how he gets the app mentioned in the primer on 2 factor identification. I'd have likely asked the question phrased the same way and just being told there is no app would have just left me confused.

That said, no matter who's app it is I'm not going to download it to gain access to a website. If you see me listing something for sale, if I won't talk to you on the phone or meet you in person it's not me.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You answered the question as asked, but not what he was really wanting to know, which is how he gets the app mentioned in the primer on 2 factor identification. I'd have likely asked the question phrased the same way and just being told there is no app would have just left me confused.

That said, no matter who's app it is I'm not going to download it to gain access to a website. If you see me listing something for sale, if I won't talk to you on the phone or meet you in person it's not me.
    Fair enough. For what it's worth though, Google Authenticator is indeed in the Play Store, so he either didn't search for it, or he did indeed look for INGO. Doesn't matter at this point. I'm also not downloading it.

Top Bottom