• ...and so much more!
  • t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    Full ATF approval for S.A.B.R.E.
    Alliance has just received full ATF approval for their SABRE upper!
    5.56x45 on a MAC and accepts all AR mags including BETA-C types.

Initial run is for M10's but M11's and M11A1's are in the works and should be close behind.

Alliance is currently adding all the details to their website and there'll be a list for anyone interested in getting one​

http://youtu.be/Lh-IVfXyrBY

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Man, you beat me to posting this by an hour. :xmad:

I already put my name on the list. :ar15:

One point to note for everyone, they are starting with M10 uppers (finally, us big box guys get some love... Lage, I'm looking in your general direction :rolleyes:).

Anyway, another major major point is that fitting this upper will require a .5" hole to be drilled at the back of your receiver. It will use the gas piston system similar to an open bolt M-16 design (apparently there was one, which I didn't know). The ATF wouldn't approve the design otherwise.

So, permanent modification of your lower to get full auto 5.56 fun (and potentially, many of the other calibers you can cram into a standard AR frame, like .300 BLK maybe).

Personally, I'm willing to give it a shot. I have an AR stock adapter on my MAC anyway.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Suit yourself. I like my AMP-10. The SABRE upper is made out of aluminum, supposedly lighter. Awkward I might grant you, at least until I hold it.

But, it's the only way to get true full auto without dropping at least $8k.

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Suit yourself. I like my AMP-10. The SABRE upper is made out of aluminum, supposedly lighter. Awkward I might grant you, at least until I hold it.

But, it's the only way to get true full auto without dropping at least $8k.

Full length AC556s with non folding stocks still go for around 6k. My full auto Mini 14 was under 5k back in July. M1 carbines routinely go for less as well. If you already have a MAC, this might make sense, otherwise no.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Full length AC556s with non folding stocks still go for around 6k. My full auto Mini 14 was under 5k back in July. M1 carbines routinely go for less as well. If you already have a MAC, this might make sense, otherwise no.

Strangely enough, I do. :D

You must have seen some good deals, I never saw any of the AC556s under 7 or 8k (though to be honest, I wasn't looking that hard after I bought my MAC). M2 Carbines do fall under that, but those are in .30 Carbine, not quite the same as the 5.56 round. There are also the FNCs that go for around that price range.

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    Strangely enough, I do. :D

You must have seen some good deals, I never saw any of the AC556s under 7 or 8k (though to be honest, I wasn't looking that hard after I bought my MAC). M2 Carbines do fall under that, but those are in .30 Carbine, not quite the same as the 5.56 round. There are also the FNCs that go for around that price range.

At this point you might be right. Early in 2012 I was offered a mint condition, blued, folder AC556 for 7k.

Certainly not hating on this option though. I think it looks alright. Plus you can use the AR mags, which at least were plentiful until recently...

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    1) Big, awkward and (probably) heavy.

2) Alliance Armament.

No thanks x2.

What he said. Not to mention it looks exactly like their Origin shotgun which is just a heavier saiga 030 with expensive proprietary magazines.

OriginSBS.jpg.jpg

Start the video at .22 and you'll notice the barrel is spinning as the rounds are cycled. Go to the saiga 12 forum and read the "wall of shame" before you go drilling into your lower permanently changing it.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The barrel isn't spinning. That's the flash suppressor rotating off because it wasn't tightened down. They said in the Uzitalk thread it hand only been finger tightened on.

geolemer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    How do I get on the list I just sent my form 4 for a Mac 10 yesterday and I want in. Before these are Outlawed like all past rifle caliber uppers.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Well, after a very long wait, my SABRE upper arrived today. I went for the turn-key package, so they modified my lower and function checked it.

IMG_1899.JPG

As you can see, I've got a variety of mags to try: E-Lander steel, Gen 2 and 3 PMag, EMag, Thermold (not pictured), and a D&H aluminum, along with their included polymer Lancer mag.

I've loaded them all up with a mix of Tula .223, WPA Military Classic .223, and Ultramax .223 brass (Tula and Ultramax 55gr FMJ and WPA Military 55gr Soft Point). Maybe not the most broad test, but it's what I currently have to work with. I may take a box or two of actual 5.56 XM193 I have, just in case.

The plan is to head to BGF tomorrow to test it out, in advance of NFA Veteran's Day on Sunday. Hopefully, it will function well with all the mags and all the round types. If not, I should hopefully figure out what this beast likes to eat, so I can properly feed it. But if it is anything like my Alliance Armament AMP10 upper, it should chew through just about anything without a hiccup.

Attachments

• IMG_1899.JPG
      IMG_1899.JPG
      51.6 KB · Views: 2

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    Congratulations on the new upper. I have been following the SABRE's progress on uzitalk. I see they are getting ready to offer a version for the M11/9. I may purchase one in the future, but right now I am enjoying all my Lage stuff. I look forward to hearing your reviews on what looks to be a well made product!

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Congratulations on the new upper. I have been following the SABRE's progress on uzitalk. I see they are getting ready to offer a version for the M11/9. I may purchase one in the future, but right now I am enjoying all my Lage stuff. I look forward to hearing your reviews on what looks to be a well made product!

If you are on Uzi Talk, I posted a review of my experience with the upper so far on the thread that's been tracking the SABRE. I use the same handle on there as I do here (Beowulf).

Full ATF approval for S.A.B.R.E. - Page 42

Top Bottom