• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I was in Indy at a west side Indianapolis dealer and was $500 from getting a used car today when the salesman said this. "That is as low as I can go, because we can export the car for more than this to the Middle East. We get calls daily on this vehicle"

I ended the dealing and said, " I guess this vehicle will be sold by the weekend and good luck on exporting it."

I walked out and did not look back.

Guess that dealer doesn't need any local sales!:xmad:

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I'll give a tentative thumbs up to Bloomington Ford. I bought a used truck last week and was treated well. It is a USED truck, so I'll give it a little more time and miles before I remove the "tentative". Tony was a good salesman with me. He was fine when I told him I was cc because I was also carying cash. (Cash tends to make deals happen sooner and better) The truck was advertised for $5500 + tax,etc. I got it for $4400 out the door. So far, so good. I'll post a final verdict on Bloomington Ford in another week or so once I've really shaken the bugs out.

A_Brit_In_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Greenwood, Indiana
    I was in Indy at a west side Indianapolis dealer and was $500 from getting a used car today when the salesman said this. "That is as low as I can go, because we can export the car for more than this to the Middle East. We get calls daily on this vehicle"

This statement is a load of bull$hit, they have no idea the costs or the paperwork involved in this.
    You did the right thing by walking away, May I also make a suggestion? BEFORE you part with any cash for a used vehicle have it inspected, someone got rid of it for a reason!
    I work purely on foreign vehicles in Greenwood, and I do many of these.
    Find yourself an honest mechanic and get the car inspected, take the list back and depending on what they find, rework the selling price or walk away.
    I usually get most customers $1000-2000 reduction and all because of a $100 pre-purchase inspection.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Years ago I went with my mom to find her a car. We found one and I was in the process of negotiating when another salesman walked up and asked for the keys. It was a ploy to make us think someone else was interested. I saw through it. Still got the car for a good price though.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I worked for andy mohr and I can tell you he is one of the worst people to buy a car from.

This, plus beware of there crap service dept. Took my wires new equinox in for pm break job, two months later they basically put a whole new front axle on it due too forgetting the caliper screws. This only after a small claims lawsuit filed bc they told me the damage wasn't covered by warrenty. That have also replacxed all the seals and gaskets on the motor twice due to not swapping out the PVC valves during services. Several other issue with service such as service dept workers staring through the glass obviously doing dirty things to her in there minds while she waited and being dumb enough to talk about it and think she couldn't hear it through the glass. This one actually got Andy on the phone! Andy moher sucks!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I LOVE Andy Mohr out in Plainfield. I was glad when they bought out (?)Pedigo Chevy on 38th. :rockwoot:

Andy Mohr Chevy is a joke.

3 years ago I spent 2 hours in there being belittled. Never again.

Pedigo is worse than them, I had to file suit against their service department in 1999 on my old 98 4x4 because they said my ABS failed because of fluid contamination, 2 different fluid breakdown by two different labs showed no contamination.

They failed to realize that I had a late late production 98 with a early production 99 ABS that had a recalled on it from locking up.

The judge cleaned their clock for me after we presented all of our irrefutable evidence. It restored my faith in the legal system.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My friend took his truck to Andy Mohr Ford to have it worked on a few years ago. They put it on the lift wrong, and the truck fell right off. Lots of damage. And they tried to get out of it.

I'll never take anything there.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    What are they doing to you?

[threadjack] It's just the whole game. "We're gonna do this, we're gonna do that." My house has been sold twice in 32 days, and we have a closing in less than 2 weeks, so I'm not complaining on that part.

It's just the whole process. Realtors just remind me of used car salesmen - they try to get you into any house they can. They act like it's perfect until you tell them you hate it. If I could move once more in my life, I would be happy. [/threadjack]

Don't take that the wrong way 308, it's just where I am right now.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Go to Ray Skillman Cherolet in Wanamaker. Ask for Jack Lucas. He is a great guy and will put it plain and simple for you. No BS like alot of salesman. Or go the RS GMC at Washington and 465 and ask for Louann or Dominick. Tell them Mike H. sent ya. Same deal.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Interesting, I've never had any problems with Mohr, Chevy, Ford, or Toyota. In fact, a couple of weeks ago I went in to test drive the new 2011 F150 with the 5.0 Coyote in it and and had zero problems with the sales guy when we told him upfront we weren't buying that day. He tried the usual ploys, even to the point of trying to tell me how great the Suburban is and that we'd get a great trade-in value for it because it's in such high demand. In the end I knew we couldn't get to an agreement because we were still $10K apart. He was cool with it and because of it, when the 2012s come out and I get some more money put back, I'm going to him (hopefully he's still there) to get my new truck. And DH has never had any problem with the service department at the Toyota dealership for his 4Runner.

I'm in the process of selling a house right now, so I kind of feel the same way about realtors right now too.

Should've FSBOd it then.

Top Bottom