• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • exphys2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Hey everyone, I recently purchased a new Walther PPK/S from cheaperthandirt.com. I received it at my FFL and didnt really notice anything right off the bat. However, when I got it home and started inspecting it really well, I noticed that at a completely uncocked position, the hammer does not actually contact the firing pin, it actually sits a few millimeters away from it, and it is able to be pushed forward into the firing pin manually, but I hear a faint click when I do so. Even when I dry fire the gun, it does not look like it is making contact with the firing pin, it seems as though it is being stopped short of it. Does anyone else own a PPK/S that could give me some insight as to whether or not it is suppose to be like this and I am just being paranoid about it, or whether or not mine may have a factory defect??? I always heard great things about these pistols functionality wise, and it came with a discharged bullet casing, but none of my other pistols with external hammers sit that far away from the firing pin, so it is worrying me. Thanks for the help in advance, have a good one!

exphys2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Unfortunately I live in an apartment complex with several families around me, so I cant really just take it out and fire it. Fortunately though, I am part of a local conservation club that has several decent pistol bays, but I have a VERY busy few weeks ahead of me and Im not sure when I will have time to test it out, so I figured Id ask around on here for the time being. Thanks again.

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    my grandpa has one and i believe it is the same way. i dont remember hearing a click but i know for sure you can push the hammer forward a little, ive had my eyes on one of these for a while now, is it a smith and wesson or interarms?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Put a piece of tape over the primer on the fired case, chamber it and pull the trigger. Remove the case and see if there is a mark on the tape. :popcorn:

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    or put a ball point pen down the barrel rear end first all the way till it contacts the breech face and tilt gun upward, cock it and fire. if the pen flies out its good.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    or put a ball point pen down the barrel rear end first all the way till it contacts the breech face and tilt gun upward, cock it and fire. if the pen flies out its good.

Yeah, forgot about that one.... :yesway: The hammer doesn't rest on the firing pin so there will be a small amount of movement if you push on it.

exphys2010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    Thanks for the help and advice everyone. I tried both the tape on the spent cartridge and the pen down the barrel trick and both worked, which was good to see. I have just never seen a pistol where the hammer sits so far away before, but if it works, then great. Thanks again for the help.

Top Bottom