• ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Wow...

I just picked up my new(to me) XD40sc, slapped in the 12 round(can only fit 11) mag and let her rip...

A LOT snappier than my 9mm or .45...was really shocked...so was my brother.

Might just be that the gun is small and light...came back on target very quickly and easily though.

Shoots really nice....mag release is very hard to push without changing my grip though...anyone have advice on this one?

God bless
    -Shred

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    Wow...

I just picked up my new(to me) XD40sc, slapped in the 12 round(can only fit 11) mag and let her rip...

A LOT snappier than my 9mm or .45...was really shocked...so was my brother.

Might just be that the gun is small and light...came back on target very quickly and easily though.

Shoots really nice....mag release is very hard to push without changing my grip though...anyone have advice on this one?

God bless
    -Shred

SA mags can be a pain sometimes to fill. When the mag is full and in the gun. Push up on the mag then hit the release. If it's too snappy for you, Look into getting a Solid guide rod

PRP~ Perfecting Your XD/XDM!

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Push up on the mag then hit the release

This will solve your 'difficult to release mag' issue, it's how I solved it.

Apply upward pressure to the bottom of the magazine with your offhand to relieve some of the tension on the magazine catch and hit the mag release, it'll pop right out. Should you have to do this? No. But it makes the process easier when you need it to.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Alright...pushing up on the mag base does make it considerably easier to drop the mag...thanks for the input...this is my first .40...I think I like it.

God bless
    -Shred

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    What bullet weight are you shooting? The lighter loads that I tried kicked like a mule but all the 180s have some snap but are easy to shoot. And there is a school of thought that the heavy for caliber bullets have more momentum and keep on plowing into the target after the lighter, faster ones have stopped.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    Solid guide rod really help much? Thought about another trigger cause gun requires very good control.

Solid guide rod will help a tinny bit. It will help to keep the nose down. You are better off learning how to keep your forward wrist locked. IMO if you going with new trigger, go with this new drop in. I've installed it in two of mine. About 4.5lbs pull with hardly any over travel. The best part.....No fitting or sanding the sear. Plus they walk you right through it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8-ycZ_XxMQ[/ame]

Top Bottom