• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I've not shot it before but have handled it. If you closed your eyes I don't think you could notice any difference between the Xdm 9 3.8". Unless you have the smaller clip. Both the Xdm compact and Xdm 9 either in 3.8 or 4.5 fits nicely into my Super Tuck IWB holster that is made for the XD compact. For my next purchase I'm really torn about these 3 versions of the 9mm Xdm.

Travis45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Albany
    I've shot an XDM 40 Compact and it shot good. I've shot it with the extended 16 round mag and the 11 round mag with Pearce extension. Both felt good when I was shooting them. Worth getting if you like the XDM and want something smaller for carry.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I have the XDm 40 Compact, and I love it. Its my favorite handgun. I shoot it more accurately than any other gun ive shot. I sold my FNX 9mm after I bought it, just because I knew I would never shoot the FNX again. I honestly cant say enough good things about it.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    My wife chose the XDm9 compact for her new carry gun. I've shot it quite a bit and am impressed. It's the perfect size for those who choose to carry concealed but still big enough to be quite shootable. Although, if I were you I would not trade the full size for the compact. I would simply buy the compact outright. The grip will be identical with the full size mag and you're shaving less than an inch off the barrel. Buy the compact and use the short mag for when you need better concealment or as a backup gun. That's my opinion.

aaronsbig16g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    My wife chose the XDm9 compact for her new carry gun. I've shot it quite a bit and am impressed. It's the perfect size for those who choose to carry concealed but still big enough to be quite shootable. Although, if I were you I would not trade the full size for the compact. I would simply buy the compact outright. The grip will be identical with the full size mag and you're shaving less than an inch off the barrel. Buy the compact and use the short mag for when you need better concealment or as a backup gun. That's my opinion.

Agreed! That's what I plan on doing. I have a full size XDM now and I plan on buying a compact soon. And you can use the same mags, just have put on the grip on.

RealTree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    I compared the XD compact 9mm to the G26...both are amazing...I like the extra safety on the XD but the trigger guard was a little bulky.

Ended up buying a G26 and love it.

Good luck!

Top Bottom