• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    I am sitting in my house hearing all the morons shooting their guns off outside. I live on the northeast side of Indy. I really hope these dumba** are not shooting up in the air. What goes up will come down.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was going to open a new thread, but after hearing fireworks for the last 1-1/2 hours, I just saw a man in the yard of the apartments behind me shoot 17 shots in the air. I live in city limits of Lafayette, IN and population is pretty dense. I'll bet there will be cars and homes with damage. I am staying indoors until the gangtsa' jerks run out of ammo. No brains, no brains at all.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I fired off a couple magazines at a 45 degree angle from the Cetme and lobbed a couple 12 gauge slugs over the treeline. Hopefully the neighbors are having as much fun as I did.

Also, I thought you were wishing us a happy new year and calling us morons. So disappointed.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    For the first time since I can remember, there were no shots that we heard. The wife and I were just talking about it when I found this thread.

Happy New Year folks!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    For the first time since I can remember, there were no shots that we heard. The wife and I were just talking about it when I found this thread.

Happy New Year folks!

I really only heard 1 or 2 but they came from the woods. Been seeing a truck out the in field by the house off and on for a few weeks now. There were some coon hunters out there before.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I fired off a couple magazines at a 45 degree angle from the Cetme and lobbed a couple 12 gauge slugs over the treeline. Hopefully the neighbors are having as much fun as I did.

Also, I thought you were wishing us a happy new year and calling us morons. So disappointed.

Mortar rounds coming back at ya.

Happy New Year!

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I live out in the sticks and I've been hearing shooting for the past hour. Some peoples' clocks must be fast, or the sounds are meth labs exploding. Either are possible.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I really only heard 1 or 2 but they came from the woods. Been seeing a truck out the in field by the house off and on for a few weeks now. There were some coon hunters out there before.

I used to live in Plymouth...4th of july there was always shots fired everywhere.
    Nice town though...miss it.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Ft. Wayne here...Lots of fireworks (or at least I hope)
    Had a great time sitting at home with the family, enjoying some quality time and staying safe! Welcome a new year...hope for the best!
    Semper Fi! :D

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Lotsa cops look for a bridge to park under a few minutes before midnight.

In Ft Wayne one New Years, I got a burglary in progress run just a few minutes before midnight. Since that is a priority call, I rolled lights and siren toward the address. I could have been in Beirut or any number of third world countries with all the gunfire enroute and around the address.

It turned out to be a bogus call. An ambush call. But that is all I am going to say about that.

One other New Years, a buddy and I decided we were going to do something about all the shooting in a certain area. When they started shooting at midnight, he came in from one side of the apartment building from the north and I approached with my flashlight equipped 870 from the south.

When Rufus, (his real name) came back out after reloading to shoot some more, I was about 5 feet away. As he raised up that Lorcin and racked the slide, I illuminated him with the flashlight and ordered him to drop the gun. He complied, but as he did, he swept me with the muzzle and I almost dropped him, but did not. It was the right decision, but I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat about it.

I moved up and put my left foot on his gun and my right foot on a rear body part. I made it clear that I would shoot him if he moved. His response was "yes sir".

I called for backup and my buddy to move in, but got no response. It was about then that I realized that numerous armed individuals were in the ground floor apartment behind me while I was holding this dufus.

After about 66 years, my partner showed up and he cuffed the guy and we got the heck outa Dodge.

He was convicted of Criminal Recklessness with a Firearm and his Concealed Handgun Permit was revoked. This was 1997 so the law that was in effect then was enforced.

Story time is over. Goodnight all and Happy New Year.

All you guys in blue and brown that deal with the public, stay safe.....

For all, nothing is ever as it seems.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    There has been a lot of shots fired on the east side of Terre Haute! At one point it sounded as if the neighbors were firing back and forth. Always makes me pretty nervous.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Sitting here in my living room, I've heard several people do a couple of mag dumps. And again. You just can't fix stupid. (SE side Indy)

scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    I didn't shoot this year....I usually dump/bump fire 30 rnds from an AK but just wasn't motivated this year. Perhaps those 30 will be the difference between life and death some day.
    i too would always dump a mag too!:rockwoot: but not this year, with the price of ammo, the threat of what ever will come i too decided to save the air this year.:ar15:

Top Bottom