• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are your feelings about long grass in residential yards; NOT under HOA contract?

• Total voters

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    They are just wanting property owners to take care of their property and to keep their city looking nice. What in the world is wrong with that?
    Because by God...it's infringing on someone's rights to live like an effing lazy, slob.

The government shouldn't be involved in it. They shouldn't have to be. You'd think people would be smart enough to figure it out on their own.

WTF was I thinking???

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I like to keep my yard mowed and looking nice. But this isn't just about the grass it's about a bunch of busybodies who think everyone should live just like they do. Like the poster who had to cut down his wildflowers. What were they hurting exactly? Someobody's eyes? My brother lives in an HOA. He loves it until the moment they focus their attention on his property. I've heard him rant about it before. I don't think he's one that travels in the busybody pack inspecting everyones homes but he sure doesn't mind the power of the HOA making somebody comply.

If everyone is so supportive of making people cut their grass for health and safety issues, why don't we just take one small step to the next level. Why, we need to see what kind of conditions their children are living in. Is there food in the refrigerator? Are the floors clean? Are they going to be on the next episode of hoarders?

If you can dictate to me what happens outside my home, what limits your ability to dictate what happens inside of it? If I let my grass grow 6' tall and I do a police call of it every single day to make sure there is no trash in it, is it still your business? If not, let's all get out our lawn boys and mow down the earth. Can't have rodents.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I figured out why the Indians were so poor and had so a low standard of living. They didn't mow around their teepees and wigwams. If they had, their properties would be worth more. Why, they wouldn't have all those skeeters and rodents around either.

All this time we've been sending money and food to the third world. We should just send lawn mowers to them. They can mow their yards and increase their wealth.

Actually, they moved into an area, hunted it out, fouled the immediate area, gathered all the usable plant food, then wandered to another place to do the same.

I don't think they cared much about property values, or environmentalism, either.

Just sayin'.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Actually, they moved into an area, hunted it out, fouled the immediate area, gathered all the usable plant food, then wandered to another place to do the same.

I don't think they cared much about property values, or environmentalism, either.

Just sayin'.

Dross I believe you and have read similar things. Do you have any easily accessed cites that show it? I know a few liberals who believe that Amer Indians were the greatest caretakers of the land. And never abused it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Isn't it someone's God given right to do or not do what they want with their own property? The thread is about depriving someone of their liberty if they don't cut it.

Usufruct!

I cannot use my rights to hurt you. Letting my yard to seed harms your property rights and your health.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    It's difficult to pick one to vote for. The long grass itself isn't a health hazard. But combine other factors and it could be a contributing factor.

The grass itself isn't really an issue with me...until it becomes absolutely unsightly.

I'd like to say there shouldn't be a law. People should use common sense and a bit of common decency and consideration. But it's obvious that won't happen.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So should there be limits on how many lawn ornaments, Christmas lights, etc that people can have? How many pink flamingos is too many? I like a well maintained neighborhood. I just like the nanny mentality of those that live in them much less.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    So should there be limits on how many lawn ornaments, Christmas lights, etc that people can have? How many pink flamingos is too many? I like a well maintained neighborhood. I just like the nanny mentality of those that live in them much less.

And I have a severe allergic reaction to pine pollen in the spring - I might as well have the flu every year for about a month. In the past, I thought this was MY problem, now that I understand "community" better, I think all my neighbors should have to cut down their pine trees, and certainly be banned from planting more.

P.S. Pink flamingos are totally retro cool. Since I think so, THOSE should be exempted from others' opinion.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    And I have a severe allergic reaction to pine pollen in the spring - I might as well have the flu every year for about a month. In the past, I thought this was MY problem, now that I understand "community" better, I think all my neighbors should have to cut down their pine trees, and certainly be banned from planting more.

P.S. Pink flamingos are totally retro cool. Since I think so, THOSE should be exempted from others' opinion.

Yes, Pink Flamingo's are definitely in. Although they are a bit scarce around these necks of the woods.:):

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

And that's more or a real health hazard than these lawn rats everyone is talking about.

Top Bottom