New York City, the world's latest police state?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Any time I get to missing Beijing and all the CCTVs there, I can just head out to NYC.

Constant Surveillance System Will Make New York a Police State

Amazing the things that go on in this country, and the people just sit and take it...

:nono:

Ah, but it will help the police prevent crime! That's better...

http://www.nyc.gov/portal/site/nycg...12b/pr291-12.html&cc=unused1978&rc=1194&ndi=1
    It will help the NYPD do more to prevent crimes from occurring and help them respond to crimes even more effectively.

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Hey, your in a public place. I expect to be video'd everywhere I go...so should you.

No, I don't expect the government to be watching my every action.

That is not the same as not having an expectation of privacy.

Where does it end? OK in public toilets?

http://artthreat.net/2011/08/china-massively-expands-closed-circuit-video-spying/

The south-western municipality of Chongqing has announced plans to add 200,000 cameras by 2014 because "310,000 digital eyes are not enough".
    Sounds like a combo of Fahrenheit 451 and 1984. Big Brother BHO is watching.

Many see nothing wrong with the rapid expansion in surveillance cameras, particularly given official claims for their success in cutting crime. Shanghai police said video monitoring helped them to catch 6,000 suspects last year.

Last edited:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Hey, your in a public place. I expect to be video'd everywhere I go...so should you.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." - 4th Amendment

I expect to be free from government intrusion into my actions, public and private, until I give reason to be intruded. Next thing you know, they'll be justifying stopping people and pulling them over for no reason other than "safety" .....

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Agreed .... thought this has been going on a while in NY :dunno:
    They have apparently had CCTV in many places, but if you read the article, this is intended to integrate all sorts of data inputs into real time monitoring of citizen activities.

In China the police appear to be integrating private CCTV systems with the police network. How long until that happens here, to 'prevent' crime? After all, it will make us sa-a-a-fe. :sheep:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    In NYC, it is common for the police to stop and frisk people without any suspicion at all.

There are also signs in the New York Subway, a public place, that all bags are subject to search by the police.

The Fourth has been dead in NYC for some time. And we thought liberals controlled there? Apparently not.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." - 4th Amendment

I expect to be free from government intrusion into my actions, public and private, until I give reason to be intruded. Next thing you know, they'll be justifying stopping people and pulling them over for no reason other than "safety" .....

You mean like what the Coast Guard does with private vessels ostensibly in the name of insuring proper safety equipment but in reality to have as intrusive a shakedown as they can get away with?

Top Bottom